Chapter 3

Kings cross station

"You have to go back, back in time"

Their eyes almost fell out of their sockets but before anyone could ask anything dumbledore continued.

"You'll have to go back in 1975 when Tom Riddle was just a 16-year-old boy when he had not known about Horcruxes, Tom made his first Horcrux in his 5th year,  but I am afraid I do not know when he will make the first Horcrux during the time period of his fifth year but you have to do your best to make sure he doesn't find out about such dark art.
Fate you are such a wise witch, so smart, I have never seen you make a naive decision Fate. Yes, you do think from your kind heart but never let your emotions get in the way of your actions.

You think from your heart but act by your brain, I chose you for this task, Fate... I want you to make him open up to you, let him know he has someone abide his side that he can divulge to. Fate only you can change his heart which I know you will not fail to do so. Make him good Fate, make him good."

Fate stood still in shock. She could not process the information she was just given, it felt like as if someone tore a page out of a book that had 42000 chapters in it and asked her to understand all of that just by the small piece of knowledge she was given, thousands of questions arose in her.

--how am I suppose to change a monster? How can I hide the information about Horcruxes from him? How could I leave my best friends in such a hard time like this?--

"What! N-No! I am not letting anybody else put their lives in danger for me!"

Harry spoke tears threatening to spill from his sad green eyes. He looked at Fate and spoke.

"I cannot lose any more of the people that mean the most to me."

"Harry I am well aware of how you feel right now but I assure you, your friend, Fate is very strong and courageous. She will be alright, but do not worry Fate will not be forced to go, she will only do so if she wishes to" dumbledore assured harry.

"Professor, I do not have any problem with handling the task but...how do I know if it is going to work? That it will be worth the while? How do I leave my best friends here? How do I leave Harry's side for such an achievement that seems impossible to be accomplished?
How do you expect me to change the heart of a monster?"

Fate let out all of the questions speaking so quick Ron missed half of the things she blurted.

"He was not born a monster, he was made one, Fate."

"He made himself a monster, it is his own fault." She spat out bitterly.

"Fate I understand the hatred you feel towards him but think about all the lives that would be saved. So. Many. Lives."

She drew in a sharp breath, dumbledores words seem to ring in her head. She can save them, save them all who lost their lives fighting.

"I will do it....for Harry"

"W-What? F-Fate? Why?!" Harry questioned, seeming hurt.

"Because you are my best friend, the least I can do it try to make your life a little better, I wanna see you happy harry. I wanna see all of you happy" Fate spoke softly putting both of her hands on each of Harry's shoulder.

"Very well now, miss Granger would you please help miss Crysta pack all of her belongings as well as the necessary items she will be needing?"

"Of course professor"

Dumbledore looked at his hand and drew in a sharp breath.

"And do not take too long."

With that, they silently left the office. Fate was quite a strong-willed girl, she never let her emotions surface to her facial expressions. No one could tell what she would be thinking of or what would be going inside her head.
              ——————————-

Fate and Hermione threw in Fates books, quills, clothes, and other belongings roughly in her trunk, and then with a quick flick of Hermione's wand, everything was properly organized.

"All d-done" Hermione said her voice cracking. Fate noticed rather quickly and held her hands.

"Hey! Don't worry! I will be fine, it won't even take long I will be back with you...just in a minute and you do not even have to worry about missing me..i-ill be the one who'll miss you"
Fate smiled and puller her best friend in a hug which was joined by Harry and Ron.

"We gotta go now," Hermione said trying to blink away the evident tears in her kind eyes.
           ———————————-

"P-Professor are you not gonna tell me where am I supposed to start from exactly? What am I supposed to do the first thing when I get there?"

"Fate you will know very soon how you will start... I am afraid we are running out of time or else I would have told you everything I had knowledge of, now here's your letter to Hogwarts you'll go there as a transfer from another school feel free to name any school you would like and here" he said handing her a piece of parchment that had some sort of spell written on it.

"Use this spell when you go to stay at your chosen orphanage, use it and they will remember you as if you have been living with them for the past 5 years" he finished.

They all were stood at king cross station, the time turner was held in Fates hand. She looked at her friends one last time, a lump formed in get throat as a tear slipped down her cheek. A rare sight her friends saw, their hearts broke. What if they never get to see each other again?
Fate quickly rubbed the tear away, her fingers ready to spin the time turner. With a small smile on her face, she spoke.

"See you guys in a minute"

------------------

Hi loves! If you're new here and you like my story then pls make sure you vote to let me know you enjoyed it and also add it to your reading list so you'll get notified whenever I update (:

And THANK YOU FOR 100 VOTES! Omg this means so much too me!!! And don't worry you'll soon see tommy in the next chap for sure!
-lots love♥️