Chapter 21

The book of blight

As she laid on her bed, shivers crawled up and down her spine, each breath she drew in felt dense and saturated, almost suffocating. Her heartbeat never slowed its pulse since she reached her dorm.

The time seemed to have stopped, the dark sky was still there reminding her how far away the morning lights were from here. She could not wait for the morning to come so she could take off, snatch the book, and burn it to ashes, it felt like Tom would get it any second but Filch was out there, so Tom can't.

But as the minutes passed by her anxiety got worse. Getting back up she grabbed the coffee cattle and filled her mug.

--you are just being paranoid, it is nothing to be afraid about! So calm down!

It was finally six in the morning, everyone had gotten ready and started leaving for the great hall.

Fate once again was already gone. she was anxiously roaming the hallways as she waited for some other kids to go to the library first because what if Filch was there and she was the first to reach, it would be too obvious.

"Good morning Fate, what are you doing here wandering the halls? Do you not want to have breakfast?" professor Slughorn approached her.

"O-Oh good morning sir, I just do not feel like having breakfast, I did have coffee though"

"You were asking me something yesterday, I forgot what you wanted to know, perhaps I can help you now?"

Though Fate did need the answer to her question, right now all of her attention was towards the staircase that led to the library.

"Uhh...yea actually never mind that I will ask you...another time-"

"Nonsense come on tells me- oh wait! I remember it had something to do with the love potion right?" Slughorn said not budging.

She looked over slug horns shoulder once again "uh..yea love potion it was" she said uninterested.

"Oh my, please tell me you did not try giving it to someone?! I don't even think you would have to do that... some of the boys in my class already stare at you during the entire lecture-"

"Wot?! No... I did not use Amortentia on anyone- I'm sorry but I really have to go"

"Okay then-" before Professor could say anything else Fate had ran towards the library.

She instantly made her to the restricted section and ran over to the side where the book was located. She harshly threw her towards the book but stopped it in mid-air, a nauseous feeling hit her in the guts as she saw the place where the book once had been was now empty.

Her eyes kept staring at the hollow space between the books.

no no no no no no! It was right here! It had to be! Right?? No! You are just looking at the wrong spot it must be somewhere else!—

She tried assuring herself she was looking for the book at the wrong place, she aggressively started looking around shuffling and moving the books with her hands but the book was nowhere to be found.