(𝘍) 𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

Tendou X Gender neutral!Reader

  "Satori, ...Satori! Where are we going?!" The redhead had a tight grip on my hand, and was leading me through the night, to God knows where. It was silent besides the sounds of our footsteps beating against the empty sidewalk. The lively city seemed like a tiny dollhouse now, as we traveled hand in hand, away from civilization. 

"Y/N, remember three months ago when you texted me, saying that you wanted to run away because of your parents and the people at school?" he asked me. Of course, I'd remember, that was the night that I had a breakdown in the club room, Satori found me, asked me multiple times if I was okay, but I wouldn't want him to worry the kind boy, so I just...ignored him. Then, at four in the morning, I realized that I needed to tell someone, Satori needed to know. 

That was the night I told him about my classmates taunting me 24/7, about my parents always yelling at each other, saying that it was my fault that their marriage was failing, that providing for a child was too difficult, and that they should have given me up for adoption the day I was born. That was the night I spilled my heart out to him, letting him know, even for a moment, that I felt trapped, and that I needed to escape.

"..Yes." He looked back at me for a moment, with a full smile, and replied, " We're running away, no one knows where we are, what we're doing, nor where we're going. I packed enough things for us to last us for a while, and I've scouted out an abandoned hut in the woods a few weeks ago. If you want to go back, tell me now, but know that If you chose to stay, I'm gonna stay with you." 

My heart stopped in my chest, and heat rose to my face. He put thought into what we were doing, he planned for months probably, and we were going to leave civilization. I let my heart over my mind for a moment, "Yeah, I'm going to stay with you, I don't wanna go back, not at all." I whispered, just loud enough for him to hear me. The redhead smiled and nodded, slowing down a little. ... 

 OH GOD, WHAT WERE WE DOING?! WE'D BE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE WHEN WE GOT BACK! MY PARENTS AND HIS PARENTS ARE GONNA REALIZE WE'RE MISSING! MY PARENTS! MY- oh. They were a big part of why we were doing this. I knew we could very likely be found in less than a week, I knew that this may have been the dumbest possible thing that we'd ever done. I knew that it wouldn't matter in the end, I wasn't going back, no matter how much my head screamed at me, told me it was wrong, I had never felt more in the right, under the starlit sky, hand in hand with Tendou Satori. 

Suddenly my fear vanished, and newfound courage had taken its place. I didn't need to be scared, I was with him. Satori and I would take care of ourselves and each other, we would figure this out, and if we got caught, then we would take care of that when the time came, and even then, we'd get through it. Together. Because in the end, if everyone left, we would still have each other. 

We began to walk slowly, making light conversation as we were bathed in the moonlight. Satori would say something absolutely stupid every now and then, which would make us double over in laughter. We saw a few stray cats every now and then, to which we would stop and pet, sometimes the cats would follow us for a bit, but then they would leave, which then left Satori and I by ourselves under the stars, once again. 

Around an hour of walking later, and I felt myself begin to get sleepy. I think Satori noticed that I began to lag behind a little bit because he turned around and smiled softly as he saw my eyes close slowly, then I'd shake myself back awake, only for it to happen again. " Aww, you're so cute, Y/N! Do you want me to carry you, it's still around thirty minutes away..." he trailed off, and stopped walking, waiting for my reply. I nodded with what little energy I had left and felt myself being lifted up and into strong arms gently. 

Sleep began to take me as I nuzzled myself into Satori's chest. I felt him chuckle and hold me closer to him, and I smiled, contented. 

"Goodnight, my precious Y/N" 

Art credit for banner: BRTRmilk_ on Twitter