14

Coming home from her final day of school, Charlie was surprised to find no one in the betting shop. "Hello?" she calls out hearing voices from further in the house, she ventured following them, walking into the dining area, seeing her dad sat down a sandwich infront of him. "Get out." She says glaring at him. "Is this baby charlotte? My oh my you've grown haven't you." Arthur Sr chuckles standing up. "Well 10 years is a long time." Charlie replies gaze fixed on him as he makes his way towards her. "I'm a changed man, you're still my little girl." Arthur Sr says opening his arms for a hug, "don't. im not you're little girl, you lost that privilege the day you walked out on this family." Charlotte says, relief filling her when she hears Tommy's footsteps. "Ahhh. Son, was wondering when I'd get to see you." Arthur Sr says to Tommy, "get out" Tommy glares, "get out of this house." he repeats.

"Tommy, he's different-". "Shut up Arthur." Tommy says eyes still focused on his father. "It's alright son, Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not welcome." The Shelby father sighs standing, eyeing his two kids, who had glares on their faces. "Quite something you two have become" he says walking out, not before ruffling up Finns hair, "goodbye son"

"He's our Dad" Arthur says turning to his younger brother, and Tommy exhales a large breath of air, "he's a selfish bastard" he replies.

"You calling someone a selfish bastard.... that's a bit rich, Tommy" Arthur says pausing. "I mean thanks to you, we're already down one bloody sister. Who knows how long it'll be until you drive the other one away?" The oldest brother says, clenching his jaw and suddenly Charlotte felt very awkward, as most of their gazes set on her. "Don't bring me into this. I'm going to Diego's, he's throwing an end of year party. Polly - I need some help with something. Ill speak to you when I get back. And Arthur, you want to see him? Go ahead, but don't forget what he's done and how he is.." Charlotte smiles sadly at him, as she left to go to Diego's.

"Maybe I fucking will." Arthur shouts after her leaving out the other door.

-

"Ahhh, Charlie, here you are. Take this. Half the years already here." Isaiah says handing her a bottle of beer, as they worked their way through the crowd and over to Diego. "Ahh there's my favourite girl." Diego slurs hugging her, "hey di" Charlotte smiles at his drunken state. "Look, I've got to go change. I'll be right back." she tells him, "can i come?" Isaiah winks, "no... unsurprisingly." Charlotte says, walking off to Diego's bathroom, changing into a dress she'd nicked from Ada, folding her previous clothes into her bag and leaving it in Diego's room.

"Hey Charlotte." a voice speaks as she walks down the stairs and she turns seeing some guy from her maths class, "Hey" she replies, "it's theodore, my friends call me Theo." he says, "sorry, im not too good at names." Charlotte tells him, "ahh, nah, it's cool, we weren't really friends. I just wanted to tell you that I think you're pretty, and I'd love to hang out some time. I've always admired how smart you are." Theodore tells her a boyish grin on his face, "I appreciate the offer Theo, but I'm not really you know.. looking for anything right now." Charlotte says, "no problem, but you know what they say, you miss all the shots you don't take." he says. "Right, well I might see you later, If I can find a way to navigate my way through this crowd. It's weird." Charlotte says looking over everyone, "what is?" Theo asks, "I've been going to school with these people for over 10 years and before about 3 minutes I go, I only knew 2 of their names. Everyone knows who I am, but I don't know them." She shrugs, "I can introduce you to some more people, if that's what you'd like." Theo offers, "I suppose a few people couldn't hurt, just please don't make them too annoying or whorish." Charlotte accepts. "Alright so this is Bradley, Katie, Samuel, David. Henry , Andy, Bella, Florence and Hazel." Theo says introducing her to a group. "Guys this is-" "mate, we aren't stupid." A blond guy, Bradley? spoke. "Hi, I'm Charlotte, by any chance are you related to a Harry? Bradley is it?"she questions, "he's my uncle." Bradley replies. "Are you dating Isaiah?" One of the girls asks, "ummm... no? What makes you think that?" Charlotte replies bluntly, "it's just you're the only girl he keeps around." She replies sheepishly. "What's your name?" Charlotte asks, "Flo-Florence." she responds and Charlotte repressed a snort as she remembered what Isaiah had nicknamed her, frigid Florence. Then looking to the rest of the group, putting names to faces. Kinky Katie. Buck Toothed Bella. Hairy Hazel.