41

"G'Morning Alfie." Charlie greets as he takes his hand off the horn. "Yeah, it is. It's is, pet." Alfie replies turning to Tommy, "how come everybody is in fucking bed?"

"So this must be Goliath? Let us introduce you to David. This way, boys." Tommy says walking through the middle off them, heading towards Charlie's Yard and down to the Gin distillery.

-

"Oh now, the problem, right, between rum and gin is that gin, it leads to the melancholy. Whereas rum incites violence and also allows you to be liberated from your self doubt. Now I hear you're probably more in need of the old rum at the moment rather than gin, mr fucking serious, or are you just making rum and sticking to your dull whiskey? He's still a whiskey man ent he pet?" Alfie says, and Charlotte nods, "still a rum bird? Ahh, lovely, see she has taste." Alfie tells Tommy.

"Oh, dear. You've got fucking starlings, mate. You know that? That shit will rot your pipe work." Alfie says cocking his gun, pointing it at the ceiling, "it's alright Alfie, no need." Tommy replies, "it's all right, I'm going to get a kestrel."

"I hear that you've got Italians, mate, have you got a kestrel for them and all?" Alfie asks, "yes, I'll have a kestrel for them as well." Tommy says walking further into the distillery, "well then, everything's confirmed innit. Yeah. Weakness behind the eyes, don't blink too much, all right?" Alfie speaks as Tommy pours a glass of gin handing it to him.
"I know you don't drink the stuff, but you've got a good nose." Tommy says. "Nah, the Americans want it sweeter." Alfie says dipping his finger in the liquid sniffing it.

"What have you heard Alfie?" Charlotte questions, "heard a cop got shot, pet. Know who shot him?" Alfie replies, "my kestrel" Tommy answers, "right, oh, upping the stakes, very good." Alfie nods. "What of the Sicilians?" Tommy questions, wetting the tip of his cigarette before lighting it, "they're still using Sabini for vehicles and for places to stay." Alfie informs, "and reinforcements?" Charlie asks, "ah, they're Sicilians, aren't they? They don't trust nobody and fucked a goat on the morning of their first pubic hair. They've got traditions." Alfie says and she coughs to conceal her laugh, "how many are here?" Tommy inquires, "eleven, enough to drop a man who wrapped his balls in an OBE, until they fell off." Alfie replies, "the real questions is Alfie, which side are you playing for, eh?" Tommy asks, "fucking hell" Alfie chuckles pushing himself off the post he was leaning against, "what kind of world to bring up children where your own mates can ask you that question, eh? Well the truth is, Tommy, you're going to be fucking dead soon and then you're starlings, they will peck out your blue eyes, won't they? And the jackdaws, they will steal your gold and your medals and pretty soon it'll be as if you had never even fucking happened, mate." Alfie responds, hearing footsteps all eyes turn to Scudboat, "Tommy there are men approaching." He says. "Yeah, let em pass" Tommy tells him and Scudboat walks out again.

"All right, you tell Darby Sabini from me that if the Italians win, they are not planning on leaving. And after me it will be him and then you. Then the titanic, they're the fucking mafia Alfie. They've come here, can't believe our coppers are unarmed. They're going to steal their liquor and it's against the law. They've come here and they like what they see. They're coming and they're here to stay." Tommy says to Alfie as Charlotte pours herself a glass of rum.

"Mr Shelby, I've come to talk purse for the fight" Aberama says walking over to the small group. "Your kestrel, huh? Tommy, Pet, when a pikey walks in with hair like that, you've got to ask yourself, have I made a mistake?" Alfie says to them looking the Gypsy up and down. "Who the fuck are you?" Aberama asks, "who the fuck am I?" Alfie repeats, "who the fuck is this, Shelby, Lion?" Aberama questions the siblings, both of whom looking amused, "I, my friend, I am the uncle, the protector and the promoter of that fucking thing right there, in whose shadow nothing good not godly will ever fucking grow. That there, right, is the Southern Counties Welterweight Champion. He is of mixed religion therefore he is godless. He was adopted by Satan himself before he was returned out of fear of his awkwardness. But he's impossible to marry off due to his lethal dimensions. His mother, terrified, just fucking abandoned him. And there he is, stood before you like the first of some brand new fucking species." Alfie speaks, making Charlotte laugh and all heads turn to her, "sorry," she says still laughing, "watchu laughing at Pet?" Alfie questions, "the amount of testosterone in this fucking distillery." Charlotte tells him finishing her drink. "Now do you offer your son to this beast?" Alfie asks Aberama who looks at Bonnie.