27

"Tommy. When were you going to tell me?" Charlie asks storming into his large office at Shelby Company Ltd. "About what?" Tommy replies. "Grace. I've given you time. I thought by now you'd tell me. But obviously not." Charlotte tells him. "What about Grace?" Tommy questions, "she fucking told me at Epsom, which was like a month ago. So she's like 4 months pregnant with your child." Charlie exclaims. "Oh that. She's staying at my house." Tommy responds, "what fucking house because I know I haven't been under the same roof as her" Charlotte says. "My house. Arrow House. I'm moving in next week." Tommy tells her unlocking his top drawer and pulling out some documents, "what about watery lane?" Charlie questions. "It's yours. All you got to do is sign here." Tommy answers handing over the documents and a pen. "Eh-what?"
"You heard me. I'm moving out. The house is yours. Finn and Chris can choose where they want to be." Tommy tells her. "You're being serious" she states and he nods pushing the files further in her direction, watching as she picks them up eyes scanning over it. "When's the wedding?" Charlie asks, "I beg your pardon" Tommy responds, "I know you love her Tom. As much as I hate her, you deserve to be happy. And she's carrying family. You're moving in together, she's pregnant, it's not long until you'll be engaged. And ta da. Tommy Shelbys a husband." Charlie smirks still looking at the paper, lifting the pen and signing her name. "We agreed not until after the baby." Tommy tells her, taking the documents back. "Right, well I should get back, promised Chris I'd pick him up from his first day of his last year." Charlie sighs. "Lottie- you're welcome to come round anytime. Nothing changes." Tommy says. "Keep telling yourself that Tom." She smiles sadly patting his hand.

-

"Mr Morris. You in?" Charlie asks knocking on her ex headmasters office. "Charlotte Shelby, haven't seen you in a while." Mr Morris smiles opening his door, "I just came to pick up Chris, but I was early so came to visit my favourite teacher." She smirks. "Chris Murray? Ohhhh, makes sense." Mr Morris says, "what does?"
"I knew he moved in with a friend. Didn't connect it sooner. Forgot he was friends with Finn. How is Finn?" Mr Morris questions. "He's good, yeah Chris has been living with us for over a year now." Charlie nods. "How's Diego and the other one. Didn't find out his name wasn't here that often." Mr Morris asks offering her a cup of tea which she politely declines. "Isaiah. Me and Ziah are dating, have been for 14 months. And Diego... he's still just Diego." She laughs. "Do you want him to change?" Mr Morris says, "never" she smiles making him laugh. "I never got to thank you." Charlie sighs. "For what?" Mr Morris asks confused. "For believing in me, all the other teachers gave up. But you... you kept trying. Even when I was being a difficult shit. Y'know what, come to the Garrison later, drinks free." Charlie tells him, "you don't have to- I was going what any other person would do." Mr Morris says, "no- you've done so much more. They all thought I was no good little shit, never bothered with me because it was hard. And Chris, I know you've been helping him with extra lessons to get ready for Law." Charlie tells him, "maybe," he replies and Charlie gives him a look, "you aren't going to let me say no, are you?" He sighs and she shakes her head, "I'm a difficult shit."

"Alright. I'll come, once I've finished my paperwork, now get out of my office." Mr Morris speaks. "Yes sir." She smirks saluting and marching out his office.

Walking back out a cigarette between her lips she sees many parents stood by the gates, "Charlie." Chris greets walking over to her with another guy, ignoring the looks from the other parents. "Chris, who's this?" Charlie asks. "I-uh. I'm Ollie." The guy replies nervously, "he's planning on going to Oxford too." Chris tells her, "nice to meet ya, Ollie." Charlie says shaking his hand. "Don't be nervous." Chris whispers to Ollie making her laugh quietly. "What are they feeding you kids nowadays?" She asks noticing how tall the two boys were compared to her. "Well it was nice to meet you Ollie, Chris we should get going."