43

"Who the fuck is that? Tommy?" Harrison questions, "it's alright, let her come" Tommy replies going to have a conversation with the elderly italian lady, lasting a few seconds before turning and coming back to the group, striking a match, lighting a cigarette, before throwing the lit match onto the wood around the wagon. Setting it a flame, the fake funeral starting.

-

"Your note talked about making terms for peace. But my son says there are no terms. You took my husband and my son" Mrs Changretta speaks, "your husband took his wife" Charlie replies, "we took two of your brothers." Mrs Changretta says, "the vendetta is done" Tommy says, "we say the vendetta is won. We will take everything you have. All your businesses, signed over to us. You agree to this or my son will kill you all, one by one" Mrs Changretta tells them, "the vendetta is won. Thats it. No more killing." Tommy speaks, and Mrs Changretta nods glaring at the remaining Shelby family, exiting the house.

-

"Stop pacing Lottie" Tommy says his eyes following her round the distillery, "right, sorry" She apologises coming to stand next to him, Finn on his other side with Polly, as the italians started flooding into the distillery.

"All thats left of the peaky fucking blinders" Luca taunts, coming to stare down at Tommy, clicking his fingers, gesturing for someone to bring a briefcase over, opening it and placing files down. "I've had my lawyer draw up these papers. Cover every enterprise in your possession. Bars, restaurants, warehouses. Every fucking thing that you've taken all these years to gather together. You will sign them all over, to my family, or your whole family is gonna die, starting with her and i'll make you watch the life drain out of that pretty little face. Don't think i don't recognise you" Luca says looking at Tommy but pointing at Charlie, "todavia eres el pendejo, pensando tengo miedo de ser disparado, viejo tonto" Charlie tuts. "My mother told me about you, both of you. Told me it was you that shot my old man, i would've buried you all, but she said, it'll be worse for you if i let you live and take away everything that you have" Luca says his eyes darting between the two siblings, one of whom kept an impassive face, the other looking slightly amused.

"Search them" Luca orders pulling a gun from Tommys jacket, "especially don't trust these bitches" Luca says ripping the front of Polly top open, all the Shelbys putting their arms up, finishing the search on Tommy, Finn and Polly quite quickly. "How many fucking knives do you have?" one asks, placing 3 of her knives on the table, "honest answer?" Charlie smirks, and they nod as if she were stupid, "i don't count, i count my guns, knives are Plan D," Charlotte says as they rip off her jacket, pulling some more knives from her holster. "Do you always carry so many knives?" Polly whispers when they're done searching, "nope, only 3, this was for my own amusement" Charlie replies quietly.

"So, sign. Every fucking one of them. You can sign them on your knees, on the floor." Luca says shoving the papers onto the floor, seeing Tommy wasn't moving anyway he throws the table to the side, "get on your fucking knees and sign." Luca shouts, and Tommy crouches down maintaining eye contact. "You know a friend of mine once said, big fucks small. So i had to find someone bigger than you. Now, you may know there are two families in Brooklyn, who want to take over your monopoly on the import of liquor into New York." Tommy speaks, "but if they move against you in New York, they'll start a war between the families." Polly adds, "but if you were to die in a vendetta with some fucking bookmaker in Birmingham they could take over your business without a war." Tommy says, "we also contacted a businessman in Chicago. He's also interested in moving into the liquor business in New York. His name is Alphonse Capone." Charlotte speaks, "you been talking to that fat fuck?" Luca spits, "you see, all the blood relatives you brought with you from New York, they're all dead, Mr Changretta. And these men here, they work for money, for the highest bidder. They now have new orders." Tommy tells him, "is that right? Even you, Mateo?" Changretta asks turning to face his 'men'. Slowly turning back to Tommy, reaching for his gun but Tommy was faster grabbing a pole smashing it against Lucas hand making him drop the firearm, getting to his feet as the men get into a fist fight, Tommy smashing his head onto the gin bottles, holding him by his hair turning to face the door that just opened. The eldest Shelby brother walking in with Harrison, Diego and Isaiah. Raising his gun and putting a bullet through the italians head.

"Tell your people in Chicago, that Michael Grey will sign the import license to New York. Three hundred barrels of English dry gin a month." Tommy speaks to the men. "Leave" Arthur then says grunting as his baby sister throws herself at him wrapping her arms round his neck pulling him in for a hug.

-

"Listen up, before we go and eat, i'd like to say a few words." Tommy says gaining the groups attention, "last time we were all here, it ended badly." he speaks, "understatement of the year" Charlie coughs, "and now, we're in a happier place. Thats it. I'd just like to raise a toast," Tommy says lifting his glass, "hold on, a few words i want to say from the heart, and this time, you're gonna let me finish, Tommy. Now, as you all know, Arthur Shelby is dead. 'Cause of that, Tommys offered me a way out. A new identity. Start a whole new life for meself. I've thought about it.. made a decision" Arthur says pausing, "i aint fucking going nowhere" Arthur smirks making them cheer. "Our enemies are gone. Dead, all of them. For the first time since me two kid brothers. Tommy and John, enlisted in the Warwickshire Yeomanry, we have peace. So, i think i'd like to make a proposal that all of you, the Shelby Company Limited, insist that Tommy here take some time off. Time you took a holiday, Tom. Put your feet up. Wars Over. No-one wants to kill us." Arthur says, "wellll" Charlotte drags and Ada slaps her arm, "im joking, only want to kill them half the time. To peace" she toasts. "To peace" they repeat, glasses clinking.