16

Storming into the police station the next morning, Tommy makes his way to Moss' office where the Sergeant was currently sat. Not bothering to knock, he opens the door, shutting the two blinds on the windows either side of the door so no one could see in. "Mr Shelby" Moss greets from his desk looking up. "Moss." Tommy says taking a seat opposite and lighting his cigarette. "If you're here to get your sister out- I can't help you." Moss says. "Which prison is she being transferred to?" Tommy asks not bothering to beat around the bush, "Brixton" Moss answers, "I know it's Wednesday, what time?" Tommy questions, "1:45pm." Moss tells him. "What route?" Tommy says blowing smoke towards Moss. "Through Solihull." Moss informs and Tommy nods. "Moss, I assume you know what happens to people that mess with my family." Tommy says and Moss nods. "Then I'm sure you'll make sure no harm is bestowed unto her during her stay." Tommy says leaning forwards, reaching and grabbing Moss' neck, pulling hun closer. "If anything happens to her, anyone involved.. well I can get pretty imaginative. And you, your head will be on a spike. I will make sure its done as painfully as fucking possible." He threatens quietly into his ear, and Moss nods. "Good." Tommy says releasing his hold. "Thanks for the information." Tommy says standing placing 10 pounds onto the desk.

-

"So Charlotte... why are you actually here?" Freddie asks when he sees her sitting up the next morning. "I got arrested. Obstruction of justice. Grand theft. Breaking and entering. Threatening and Assaulting senior officers and some other shit that I can't remember." Charlotte groans, "wow" Freddie says.

"I know it wasn't Tommy. He may be a prick but I know deep down he wouldn't do this" Freddie sighs, "you'd be correct, it was Grace." Charlotte says turning to face him. "The barmaid?" he asks in shock as she nods.
Looking at him, she can see him contemplating on whether to ask her something. "If you want to ask something, go ahead." Charlotte sighs, "what you and Ada were angry over. Who is he?" Freddie asks, "the guy who i-" Charlotte repeats slowly releasing what he was asking. "yes, him. What's his name?" The communist asks. "Gavin. Gavin Whitbell." She says breaking eye contact, "bloody hell Cher Bear, he's like 24" Freddie exclaims. "How do you know him?" Charlie asks, "rallies. What were you doing with a 24 year old eh?" Freddie asks. "It wasn't like I wanted to. Okay? Can we not talk about it." Charlie says, "Ada didn't tell me that." Freddie sighs. "She didn't know. Still doesn't. Never got round to it. She hasn't been seeing anyone. And everyone is convinced Tommy got you shopped, it's all a fucking mess." Charlie says stretching her arms. "It's going to be even messier with you in here. Especially as we are being transferred on Wednesday. I heard some guards whilst you were sleeping. 1345. To fucking Brixton." Freddie groans kicking his bed. "I'm surprised you aren't out by now." He adds. "Told Tommy to put his thinking cap on. In other words, don't come storming into a fucking police station guns blazing. He'll get us out. He promised." Charlotte says looking around their cell. "It seems you're the only one who can control him nowadays. Ada says even Polly is having trouble" Freddie converses, "wouldn't call it controlling him, he still does whatever Thomas Shelby feels like." She says, making him laugh, holding his ribs in pain. "Here, let me see." Charlotte says walking over to him, as he lifted his shirt slightly, revealing his bruised and battered torso, with a slight lump. "This is going to hurt." She tells him and he looks at her confused, "what is?" He asks, "look, horse." she says, cracking the lump back into place, "FUCKKKKK." Freddie screams, as she holds his body down, him trying to sit up , "it's all done, alright? It shouldn't hurt as much, when we get out, I can fix it up properly." she says as he continues to take deep breaths, releasing her grip she lets him gently fall back onto the 'bed'. "Pay back for when I was younger. You did that to my arm. It's where I learnt it." she smiles remembering when they were kids.

1912

An 11 year old Charlie, was running down to the stables, her version of running away from home. She'd gotten into an argument with John, who insisted on telling her that he was going to kill all boys that came near her and she'd die alone. Most young girls nightmare. She threw a fit, he found it absolutely hilarious, as did her other 2 older brothers. All 3 of them started laughing as she threw a tantrum, before running out of the house, to see Curly and the horses.