23

"It wasn't my fault." She defends, "what wasn't your fault?" Tommy questions. "It's a funny story actually, so I kind of went down to Brighton for the day. You know, fresh air and all. It's a new trend." Charlie jokes but is met with blank stares, "tough crowd." She coughs awkwardly. "Right so there I was, on Crystal, making me way down to Brighton, pass this lovely Gypsy family, very nice people. They invited me to their barbecue. I said maybe if i had time on my way back up. So I arrive at Brighton, take a lovely walk along the sea front with Crystal. Then, out of nowhere, this man starts attacking this old lady. I couldn't just do nothing. Because that would be mean. So I went over and helped the old lady. Then 2 of the Gyspsies I'd met earlier, were there. I don't know how, but they were. Anyways so we helped the old lady. Calmed her down and whatnot. I didn't get stabbed. Not technically or traditionally." Charlotte explains, "that clears up absolutely nothing." Finn tells her, "oh, right. So this guys laying unconscious on the floor, the younger of the Gypsies is a very good fighter. Anyways, he's lying there, the old lady went off somewhere, so I'm talking to these 2 guys. Right. Then I sort of, um. Tripped over the body, and onto the knife. So he didn't stab me. Technically It was sort of like i stabbed myself without meaning to. You know what I mean?" Charlie says, "you'll never hear me say this again. But dear lord give me the fucking strength." Tommy says shaking his head. "Language." Everyone reminds him. "So you tripped and fell onto a knife." Harrison clarifies and she nods, causing John to burst out laughing. "It's not funny. It was really embarrassing." Charlotte exclaims slapping his chest. "I'm sorry but out of everything you could of possibly said. You chose I fell onto a knife. Daft twit." John says continuing to laugh. "That is kinda funny." Arthur agrees chuckling slightly. "See, I knew you'd just laugh at me." Charlotte says. "You can't expect us not too. Not after something that ridiculous." Diego replies. "Not even a, are you okay? I'm surrounded by Chris cover Karl's ears, complete utter dickheads." Charlotte says. "Yeah, but you love us" Isaiah teases, "I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have said that." She tells him. "No take backs." He smirks, doing a little dance but being slapped round the back of the head by John making him stop.

"This place smells. How do you stay here?" Ada says. "Don't notice it anymore." Finn shrugs. "Right well I do. And it's disgusting. So can we please... you know get out." Ada suggests. "And I thought she was the unbossy sister." Diego murmurs getting flicked in the forehead by Ada as they make their way out.

-

"Charlie. Wake up and get downstairs." Finn says banging on her bedroom door, "Finn, stop being so fucking loud." Charlie murmurs, stretching as she woke up. "Charlie, it's 2 o'clock in the afternoon, get your ass out of bed." Finn says bursting through her door, with Chris just behind him. "I'm up. I'm up. Let me get changed and I'll be down." Charlie says, "where's Tom?" She adds before they can leave, "business at the Garrison." Finn tells her and she nods, waving for them to leave her room. "Shouldn't have drank so much." She murmurs to herself as she began to make herself look slightly presentable.

"Alright, I'm downstairs, what is it- who are you?" Charlie asks spotting a guy around her age sat at the table next to her aunt. With Chris and Finn stood in the corner. At that point, her older brothers decide to come barging into the house. "Run for the hills, it's the Digbeth kid." Arthur exclaims, "get out of town kid or I will shoot your fucking head off." John yells back guns pointed at each other. "Times up" Arthur says pretending to shoot his brother. Clearing her throat Charlotte directs their attention to the young man now stood next to the kitchen table. "Who's this Poll? Charlie?" Arthur says looking between the two. "This is your cousin. Pollys son. Michael." Tommy speaks, "it's nice to meet you." Michael says shaking their hands. "John"

"I'm Arthur, you've met me I used to throw you out of the window for John to catch you." Arthur tells him. "I used to put you in a shoe box and kick you down Watery Lane." John adds. "Bet you're glad to be back." Charlotte jokes. "I know you." Michael says, shaking her hand. "She's your cousin Michael, of course you know her." Polly says, "no, we've met in the past year." Michael tells them. "Uhh. That's Finn and Chris." Charlotte introduces the other two, then Michael clicks in her direction, "you were with Theo. And you tried to set that dude up with Florence."