48

"You 3 armed?" Polly asks as Arthur, Tommy and Charlotte enter the Garrison, "yeah" Tommy nods, "yeah" Arthur adds, "Charlie?" Polly questions and she nods, "will you please consider putting your weapons behind the bar, in case feelings begin to run high?" Polly instructs, "Behind the bar Pol, eh? In me own fuckin pub." Arthur replies, unloading all his bullets onto the floor and putting it on the table infant of her, "Thomas, Charlotte" Polly says and they sigh, Tommy placing his gun and Charlie placing her two on the counter. "And the knives" Polly says, and Charlie reaches down, grabbing the one in her shoe, then the one in her waistband, putting them on the table with Arthurs gun, "the third one, you told me you carry 3" Polly states, and Charlie removes her jacket, pulling the knife from the back of her holster. 

"I had a dream about a black cat last night, Pol. A black cat dream means there is a traitor close by. It was you who taught me that." Tommy speaks, "a black cat can mean lots of things, it can mean you're hurting yourself, betraying yourself. Are you seeing things, Thomas?" Polly replies, "Yes, i am. Yes, i am. Very clearly. Coming from every fucking direction" Tommy says as Polly walks over opening the door, which Michael and a blonde woman walk through.

"Tommy, I'd like you to meet my wife. I would also like to, er, say something," Michael says, "sit down, Michael." Tommy demands, "i betrayed you" "Michael!" Polly scolds, "but only in my heart. There was a time, in America, when there was a lot of money in that bank. And i wondered, i could- i could leave, move to California. Someone said i should invest in pictures. Hollywood." Michael speaks, and Arthur scoffs, "but Gina stopped me, Gina said that-" "I told you to sit down Michael" Tommy interrupts, and Michael pulls the chair out next to his mother. 

"Now tell me, what happened on that ship, in Belfast harbour?" Tommy asks, "on the journey back from New York, we got married. But we needed to find a witness, a purser. He was from Belfast, we got friendly." Michael explains, "what happened when the ship docked?" Tommy inquires, "this purser had friends who ran a whiskey distillery in County Tyrone. They wanted a way of getting their stuff to America. So i said, okay invite them aboard. When they came in, i realised that they didnt make whiskey. They were Scottish, from Glasgow. Couldn't understand a fucking word they were saying. They started swearing, so i asked Gina to leave." Michael replies, "and did she?" Charlie says eyeing the blonde, "she did, thats when they started talking about you, Tom. They said that Tommy Shelby was a spent force. No longer had his partner in crime by his side everyday. The politics had got to him. That he was spent in the head. That now was a good time to move in, and did i want to be a part of it? They knew about the money we lost in America. They said you were gonna blame me, that you had a bullet with my name on it." Michael tells them his eyes glancing to Charlotte. "What did you say Michael?" Tommy asks, "I didn't have time to say anything. Coppers came on board. Well, i thought they were coppers. They, er" "They were IRA" Tommy states finishing his sentence. "Exactly" Michael nods, "and the first men, from Glasgow?" Tommy says, "the IRA commander says the men from Glasgow were called Billy Boys." Michael answers. "Fucking billy boys" Arthur chuckles, "i don't know who the fuck Billy Boys are." Michael replies, "they run every man, in every coal mine, on every shipyard east of Glasgow. Ties with Belfast, UVF. Protestant razor gang. They also dabble in politics. You know, muscle for fascist rallies." Charlotte informs, "but you did no deal, Michael. You didnt even know who they were?" Polly asks her son.

"I was too busy looking forward to giving you the good news. The reason Gina and I got married on the ship was because Gina is pregnant. You're going to be a grandmother." Michael says, and Polly looks to her nephews and niece, a slightly worried look on her face. "Okay, Michael. I believe you. Welcome home. Congratulations. Just remember..your unborn child, has witness what you said." Tommy says, "Thomas" Polly warns, but he ignores her, "and it will be born accordingly."