29

"Finn, Diego. Entrance." Arthur orders pointing to the entrance of the scrapyard, where a group was approaching. "Check them." John calls after getting a thumbs up from Diego.

-

"You asked for a meeting out in the open, fresh air and the fine aroma of shit. Neutral ground, you said." Arthur greets the three men, "this is hardly neutral ground." The frontman replies, "well it's what you've got. So por favor, sit the fuck down." Arthur grunts taking his seat.

"Where is Thomas?" The man asked, "he got called away." John responds, "he said he'd be here."

"He's busy." Arthur says, "and I just told you he got called away. What do you want?" John adds.

"There has been a peace between the peaky blinders and the Changretta family for two years now." The Italian spoke. "Do you want some tea or not? Hey Charlie, pour the Italians some English tea." John interrupts nudging his sister who glares at him but obeys, "we don't want fucking tea" Changretta exclaims but Charlie continues with her orders, "we want an explanation"

"Well, I'll have fucking tea. Charlie be a lass and pour me a cuppa." Arthur smirks, enjoying bossing his younger sister around. "Explanation for what?" John questions, "the little Venice restaurant on Forge Street was burnt down."
"No-no, couldn't have been us, we was at a wedding." John cuts in, "you burnt it down to stop my son being at that same wedding." Changretta says. "He wasn't missed." Charlie retorts under her breath, making John laugh, "you are such big boys now, but once you borrowed clothes from us to look like men." Changretta speaks. "Once I saved your mans life- sure we've done much more for you than you for us." Charlotte replies.

"Please tell, Tommy, that we pay him whatever he asks us to pay. We stay out of the city and off the tracks. But you tell him from me that my son will walk with any woman in this city. Could even walk with her if he so pleased." Changretta tells them pointing to Charlie, making John snort. "Sorry. Do excuse me. Charlie, you want to walk with this mans son." John questions, "as likely as a blue moon John." Charlie replies, pouring him a cup of tea and handing it to him for him to take a sip. "You know- it would be hard for your son to walk anywhere with a bullet in each knee, wouldn't it?" John speaks placing his cup down, cocking an eyebrow at Changretta.

"Too much. You say too much. Sabini says 'suck and swallow'" Changretta says, "bet he does." Diego whispers to Finn. "But no. Too much. I spit." Changretta says punctuating his little speech by spitting near the leg of the table.

"Harrison. Put two extra guards on our pubs in Nechells." Arthur commands, "what are you talking about, Arthur? We're not scared of fucking eyeties anymore." John responds.

"Don't tell Tommy about the chair and clean this fucking shit up." Arthur orders walking off. "We're not scared of fucking wops. Arthur!" John calls out.

-

"Charlie, do these look right to you?" Scudboat asks showing her the books, "Scud, your maths is fine, you don't need me checking anything." Charlotte replies her eyes scanning the sheet. "I know, wanna talk?" Scudboat smirks, making her laugh. "What ya want to chat about?" Charlie smiles sitting at her desk. "I don't know, any new injuries?" He chuckles, "I'm actually doing quite well, haven't been stabbed or shot in over a year. I've probably jinxed it by saying that." Charlie replies, "how's Tommy's new charity going?" He questions, "think Grace does most of the work, might be a bit too legal for him to enjoy any of it." She jokes, "can't imagine it, imagine your brother being a toff." Scudboat laughs, "oh my, that's horrific. Imagine me being a toff, that's nightmare worthy." Charlotte adds, "where is everyone? Seems anytime I step foot in here there's less and less people." Scudboat says, "Tommy's changing business for Grace" Charlie replies rolling her eyes, lighting a cigarette. "Still don't like her" Scudboat states, "not one bit, she's nicer, but too nice, I don't like suck ups. And it's only for Tommy's sake. She got me fucking locked up and threw me mother's death in my face. Now wants to act as if everything is alright between us, I mean yeah I threatened to kill her, and I would've done it if she wasn't my nephews mum. And trust me It's only him that's forgotten what she is." Charlie tells him blowing her smoke out at the end of her rant. "She has been a real bitch ent she." Scudboat agrees. "And her family are twats. Stuck up racist, misogynistic toffs. One of them really told me to leave Ziah, and be with them. Then when I told him he was a racist asshole, this dick has the audacity to tell me that I've forgotten the fact he's my superior." Charlie rants, relieved to have all her pent up ranting out in the open. "Want me to shiv him?" Scudboat offers flashing his knife, "no- it's fine, thanks for the offer though." She smiles at him, "you sure? I really, really want to." Scudboat replies, "always been protecting me haven't you." Charlie teases, "you would've been stabbed a lot more times if I hadn't." Scudboat tells her and she nods in agreement. "Would've been fixed up a lot worse after fights aswell." She says.