Twenty-One • Gon vs. Riehlvelt

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1196☜︎︎︎

𝐾𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑎 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑦𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘. 𝐼 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑔𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑘𝑒𝑝𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑖𝑚.

𝑇𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑛, 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑦 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

I ended up eating all the snacks in the few days I had them. Leaving me in the loneliness of no snacks.

Gon's battle with Riehlvelt was coming up and I had to be ready for it. I was 100% sure Gon was going to win this one. Killua had won and I believed Gon would too.

They were both strong, Killua at the moment seemed almost stronger. Due to being a trained assassin, and though Gon was strong he wasn't trained.

I couldn't say that, they would think I picked one more than the other. When really they're both strong enough to be opponents who had far more training than we ever did.

The knock on my door told me it was time to go. Throwing my hair up in a bun to prevent the sweating anticipation causing my hair to stick to me.

Opening the door I saw Gon and Killua talking about something I wasn't sure was important or not. Walking to the area Gon left us as we got closer.

Saying a small goodbye which could potentially be the last one. He could've died the last time he fought one of them, and I don't recall if he had said goodbye that time.

Killua and I were quick to take up the front seats again. It was the only reasonable thing to do.

For this battle Gon didn't have his fishing rod, not like he needed to, but it was something he could use as a last resort. Lodge it in a wheel or something like that.

The minute the battle started Riehlvelt was quick to use his whips, swinging them around. Which was stupid really, all you had to do was distract him for a blind spot.

As a trained adult you would think he'd think about that, then again not every adult knows best.

Gon crouched to the floor, picking up one of the stage tiles with his bare hands, in the way he did with his fishing rod a while ago. He threw the stone towards Riehlvelt who dodged it quickly.

That was the blind spot. Gon was quick to run towards him grabbing both of his arms causing him to drop the whips. The whips were wrapped around his neck.

My efforts of trying to see better failed when I fell out of my chair. Causing Killua to chuckle and pull me up. When I got stable I realized that Riehlvelt had passed out and Gon won.

AHH! What did I miss? I looked at Killua who shrugged and dragged me with him to find Gon. "Tell me what I missed!" I huffed at him. He shook his head and continued walking.

"You're the one that fell out of your chair." Okay. I dropped to the floor causing him to let go. Staring at him as he turned around. "You're such a child!"

"That's because I am." He rolled his eyes and tried to pull me back up. I of course dropped right back down.

"Fine! He scared Riehlvelt with his own whips. That's all you missed." Happy with the answer I got up and ran. "Oh now you want to move!" Killua shouted. I turned around running backwards, sticking my tongue out.

Before I ran into something that put their hands on my shoulders to stabilize me. At first, I thought it was Dad but it was the person following me.

He was seventeen and that was all I knew, I had no clue what his real name was. Since everyone called him the 'Hooded Reaper'. He seemed to kill everyone he fought except those he lost to.

I was determined to win against him, though I was sure I wouldn't. "Sorry." I wasn't paying attention. This is the first time I've ever talked to him. He didn't really seem scary up close.

Though I think he must've been from a little distance since Killua stood away. The guy let out either bloodlust or nen, and frankly, I don't know the difference.

"Watch where you're going or I'll just kill you now." He threatened. Unbothered, I smiled at him. Good luck with that.

"Yeah sorry about that. I'll see you when you're stalking me bye!" I waved, grabbed Killua, and walked off to get Gon.

"Stalking?" Killua asked.

Ooh, I haven't told him that's who I was fighting.

"Yeah. He's the guy I'm supposed to be fighting soon. I think he's following me around to get information on how to fight me but he seems confident already. They call him the 'Hooded Reaper' which is really cool."

I spotted Gon and was quick to congratulate him. Seeing the smile on his face, too big for a win. "I get to fight Hisoka! He's letting me decide when to fight." He's smiling cause he gets to fight my dad?

I'd almost consider him lucky because I'd love to fight him. Have to make sure I remember to ask him the next time I see him. "Killua we have to go to Wings!" Gon said like he just remembered.

I clearly didn't wanna go so I waved them off and went looking for my stalker. Who knows if he'll kill me, at least we'd be on good terms if I talk to him.

Definitely wouldn't be best buds but I don't have training today so what's it gonna hurt? I walked into the empty cafeteria and I called for him.

"Mr Hooded Reaper!" I jumped when I turned around. He was sitting on a table staring at me. I didn't then but his eyes were a dark bright red, if that makes sense.

"What child?" I huffed at the name. I may be one but that doesn't mean he gets to call me one. He's kind of a child too, since he's not 18 yet.

"Can we talk?" I asked. He laughed at me.

"What your boyfriend left for a while so you gotta annoy me?" Seemed like he was mocking me. But my face heated at the word, and I quickly tried to play it cool.

"We're just best friends. I figured if you are so positive you're gonna kill me. Why not talk?" That didn't sound right. Or did it? Maybe it only sounded weird cause I'm boosting his ego. Is that what I'm doing? Why do I wanna talk to him again?

Shut up brain, you're so annoying.

"Sure, about what?" He leaned forward resting his arms on his knees. Didn't think I'd get this far. I stared at him hoping I could think of something.

"What's your real name? And what do you look like?" Hoping to get an answer for either. I wanna know. My dad gave info about him. It didn't have a picture or an actual name like he hardly existed.

Surely he couldn't be ugly or anything. He didn't seem like the ugly type. Though I'm not sure what an ugly type would be.

He laughed. "You're gonna die anyways so I'll let you know." See, I boosted his ego, and by doing so I got my curiosity fulfilled.

✈︎It's been a very, very, long time but I'm back because you guys are still reading this and I promised I would finish this. I might publish another chapter. But until then here you are.