Six • Phase 3

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1736☜︎︎︎

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝." 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝. 𝑇𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑎 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑎 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐾𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑝𝑖𝑘𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑜. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑎𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟.

𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑒𝑡𝑙𝑦, 𝑡𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑢𝑝. 𝑆𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝐾𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑝𝑖𝑘𝑎 𝐼 𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑠𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑛 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑝. 𝐵𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛. 𝑆ℎ𝑢𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

"Everyone, this is the site of the Hunter Exam's third phase. You'll be competing here at the top of Trick Tower. In order to pass this phase, you must reach the base of the tower alive. The time limit is 72 hours, and with that, the exam's third phase will now begin. Good luck to each and every one of you."

Beans announced as everyone gathered in front of him. They were leaving us on top of this thing. On the top of the tower, it was clear of everything but people.

It got to a point that the more you looked around the fewer people you would see.

Didn't make any sense considering there was no visible way down for all those people. Standing beside the boys we watched a man start to climb down.

He was getting somewhere up until big red monsters flew past him and one ate him.

"What was that?!" I screamed. All I'm picturing is them coming and taking us off the top of this tower. I wasn't scared at least not of the creature but the height we were at. I guess I was afraid of heights.

Backing up enough to not see anything below us the floor tilted. Before I could stop myself I let out a scream as I collapsed onto another floor. No. You can't be serious.

Was this really where everyone else went to? I searched around before spotting a screen that was just white.

Leaving me to notice that I was completely alone. Maybe there are different places on the top that lead to different rooms.

A minute later the light dimmed and a man's face showed up on the screen. "A shame you fell through this one little girl." I assume was an examiner told me. I rolled my eyes.

I know I'm a child and I'm 5'0, but he seems smaller than me. "This path is 'Would You Rather.' The bracelet in front of you is to be used to choose what you'd rather do. Best of luck." The screen shut off and I picked up the bracelet.

I feel like that's something that deserves a lot more explaining. Guess I should be lucky I even got a little.

So use the bracelet for the choice I pick. Walking into the door that opened after his speech.