Fifteen • Gon Vs. Gido

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1262☜︎︎︎

𝐻𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑎 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑. "𝐶𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟?" 𝐼 𝑚𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑. 𝐻𝑒 𝑔𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑐ℎ𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑.

"𝑆𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡." 𝐼 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑠. 𝐼 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖 𝑠𝑎𝑤 ℎ𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑠. 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑡, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

I had made his nails a shade of pink. Matching the star on his face. It suited him. I painted them even after he said he'd pick it off. I only did it cause I was bored.

A while later and I fell asleep on the couch. Only I woke up on the bed, while Hisoka was on the couch. As soon as I woke I knew what today was.

Gon was scheduled for a battle today and if I don't hurry I could be late. I could not be late. I shot out of the bed and ran down the hall to his room.

I didn't bother knocking, just ran in and jumped on Gon. Yelling good luck. He laughed at me. I huffed at his laugh and backed away.

"Thanks, Sakura." He smiled at me, his eyes shining. He was excited about the battle.

Killua looked at me. "How'd you sleep?" He asked. I smiled.

"It was literally the best sleep of my life." Those beds were extremely comfy. My stomach growled and the boys laughed at me.

"Let's go eat?" Gon suggested. I agreed as we walked off to find food. We finished eating with time to spare. Time we spent walking with Gon to the battle.

I was more nervous than he was. I didn't want him to get hurt. Gido had 4 victories already and 1 loss. He was skilled and had little room to lose.

Bouncing my leg in an attempt to calm down, it failed some I started biting my nails. A nasty little habit but it doesn't stop me.

I jumped when Killua grabbed my other hand squeezing it. Giving me a comforting smile. It calmed me down. He wasn't scared if he was it didn't show.

I had nothing to worry about Gon could do it. I smiled and glanced at Gon. He and Gido were speaking to each other though I couldn't hear what he was saying.

Suddenly he was holding a bunch of tops, spreading them out over the floor. With the woman narrating the crowd got the gist of what was happening.

I jump when one smacks Gon. I thought they were distractions, not actual weapons. The speed they went must've hurt and he just kept getting hit.

Despite his attempt to dodge more that came his way. Gido tops kept hitting him repeatedly and Gido earned points. I watched Gon as he tried to feel where the tops were.

Since it wasn't working I started to get anxious. Tapping my foot all over again. He wasn't going to win, I knew that. I just didn't want him getting severely hurt.

He was hit out of the ring but the tops never followed. Which seemed to attract Gon's attention. I leaned forward trying to see if I can see better.

When he got back on the stage he changed his tactic. He tried to kick Gido, who deflected by becoming a top himself. Hitting Gon again, with more points to Gido.

That was when Gon decided to switch to Zetsu. I was surprised since I didn't think he learn that yet. I only knew he learned Ten.

He was now able to dodge the tops, which didn't matter since he had to fight to win. Just blocking would get him nowhere. I was right. Gido had gotten the victory.

After the battle and Gon was patched up we waited in his room. It was taken him 4 months to recover. Since he was stupid and got three fractures in his arm and twelve cracks on his rips.

I felt bad for him though. It has to hurt even if he didn't seem bothered. When Killua started yelling at him he crawled into the bed and poked him in the forehead.

"Killua, stop." I crossed my arms. "You could've gotten so much worse, Gon. What were you thinking?" I wasn't going to yell at him.

What good would that do? Besides, I had no right to tell him what to do. "I know that Sakura. But I'm fine! I just wanted to know what it would feel like."

I hugged him tightly, which probably hurt him. "I was worried." Killua agreed with me or agreed that I was. Since he was watching me the whole fight.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, and I shook my head. He didn't have to do that.

"No need to..." Wing walked in, and he wasn't invited by me. I wonder who invited him. He walked towards Gon and out of nowhere hit him.

"What is your...!" Killua quickly pushed his arm in my way. Pushing me back carefully. I shook Killua off and backed up. Who does he think he is? He's a stranger, not his father or family.

He has no right. I walked out of the room I can't do this. It's not right. I walked down the hall at Hisoka's door. Knocking on his door, he opened it. Looking down at me.

"Don't you have friends to play with?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"I want you to teach me." He looked confused. He doesn't know what I mean. "I want you to teach me everything you know about nen." I clarified. He smiled and opened his door wider.

I walked in and plopped down onto the floor. "Did Illumi tell you what your nen type is?" I shook my head. He didn't, though he offered.

Hisoka walked into the kitchen, which shocked me since I don't think mine had that. I guess it's for those further from the cafeteria. Or adults, though I doubt many kids come here.

"I wanted to learn it with Killua and Gon but I don't like the teacher." Wing was decent up until he hit Gon. I didn't wanna teach with him before that either.

"Why's that?" He asked. Coming out of the kitchen with a glass of water. A little leaf floating on the surface of it. Placing it on the floor in front of me.

"I just don't." Sitting down in front of me. I knew what I had to do before he said anything. Placing my hand on either of the cup and focused my aura on my hands.

I watched the leaf die and crumbled apart. I was shocked, was that even supposed to happen?

"Is there something wrong with my aura?" I looked up at him. I was sure it wasn't supposed to happen like that.

He shook his head, picked the cup up, and walked back into the kitchen.

"No, it means you're a specialist. Which you probably got from your mother. She learned nen way before I did. I think she was 8. I know very few specialists and I don't know how you become one."

He knows specialists? "Who are they? Do you think they could give me ideas, or help train me with it?" He shook his head and crouched down in front of me.

"I don't want you around them." Why is he keeping other specialists away? I just want to see them, meet them, and about being a specialist.

"They could help me understand specialists and tell me what I'm capable of. I'm sure they're nice." I tried to convince him, but he shook his head again.

That's when I realized. It was the Spiders. He doesn't want me around them, the Phantom Troupe. That has to be where the specialists are.