Seventeen • Saving

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 2060☜︎︎︎

𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑟. "𝑆𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑠𝑠." 𝐷𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠. 𝐼 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑒𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑀𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑖.

"𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝐾𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑢𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐺𝑜𝑛. 𝑆𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔." 𝑅𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓𝑓. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑎𝑚, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

When I left him I entered my room. A little box sat on the bed. Getting ready to open it I was knocked to the floor and I screamed. "It's infused in nen Sakura. Are you blind?!"

I rolled my eyes. Pushing him off me, I took the top of it off. Because of my mother, only I could do that. Since nen doesn't affect me.

"Doesn't affect me the same as you dork." I giggled. He huffed and sat down on the bed. I watched each object I pulled out. Full of interest.

The first I saw was the photo. A woman holding two babies was in the photo. She was beautiful and seeing the eyes of the baby I knew it was my mother.

I almost looked exactly like her. Except her hair was longer and darker. Blue and purple highlights throughout. Hisoka was right, it was beautiful.

She was staring at the camera with pure happiness in her eyes. Looking back at the little boy, I think was my brother. He had the blue eyes of my mother and the black hair.

More of a face like Hisoka's, as far as I could tell anyways. I wish I knew where he was. Though he might be better off without his actual family.

Since Hisoka wasn't in the photo I bet he took it. "Isn't she pretty?" I showed Killua the picture. He scanned it.

"Makes sense, you had to get it from someone." I looked away, feeling the warmth on my cheeks. I placed the photo back in the box, pulling out the other objects.

There was a note, along with a fake flower. With a little locket. I looked down at the note first knowing it was from her.

My dearest Sakura,

     If you're reading this you found your father, or he found you.
     Your full name is Sakura Hana Morow, coming from my name Hana. Along with a little flower that came your way. I left you a fake Sakura so you always had something to remind you how pretty you are.
     From the moment you opened your yellow eyes I knew you were gonna need love. The love I couldn't give because I was sick.
     I also knew you were gonna be on your own. That you needed protection more than your brother. Not right to say but I mean that you are special, and you hold a dangerous aura.
     People would be after you but it won't work. The last of my nen was used to protecting you from others.
     There is a locket that holds me with you. Oddly enough I had it made from my ashed, with a picture of me inside. I didn't get to watch you grow up or even see you safe.
     Your father was asked to take care of you as I am gone. Having to end me won't be easy on him. Hopefully, he is doing what he promised. 
     In the photo, I'm sure you noticed the boy in the photo. Your brother is happy and perfectly fine as he was found by a sweet family. I wish you the same.
     I love you Sakura. I'm sorry you have to grow up alone. Danger following you from corners you didn't know existed. I wish you found the same safety as your brother.
     I hope you find it in you to give your father a chance. He is hard to get along with but you are his princess. He loved you.