Two • Phase 1

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1965☜︎︎︎

"𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑠𝑘 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑦- 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦." 𝐼 ℎ𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑑. 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝐾𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑠.

𝑃𝑒𝑟ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑑. 𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑥𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒. 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

Hɪsᴏᴋᴀ's POV

I watched her walk away, hoping she wouldn't try to defy me again and turn around. Instead, she sat down next to Killua. I glanced at Illumi.

I didn't want to protect her, and I didn't want her in my life. Sometimes you know what to protect your kid from and that was Illumi.

Especially since she was now back in the life of the Zoldycks. All because she sat next to Killua, and they smiled at each other. Fate was a thing for them. Illumi wasn't gonna let that go.

"Well, I see she's found you." He spoke in his robotic monatomic voice, interrupting my thoughts. Clearly.

"Appears she has~ but she is mine and don't forget that." I glared at him. He gave a short look acknowledging my words. Though I'm not sure it went through completely.

"Yes, well keep her away from Killua. He doesn't need friends." I chuckled and walked away.

I wasn't gonna keep her away from anything, I had told her she was on her own here. The only thing I'd do is keep her away from him.

I loved her, but I didn't want her in my life. She was better off alone than she was with me. Since she's here, she was better off if I kept her from Illumi. As long as I can anyways.

Kɪʟʟᴜᴀ's POV

It took me a while to realize there was no more speaking. Never noticed she had dropped her head on my shoulder.

Until I looked beside me and my eyes widened. She fell asleep. Sakura fell asleep on me. On my shoulder.

Eyes closed and breathing light. Almost looked as if she hadn't had any in a while. I wanted to move her, but something wouldn't let me. Like if I moved her maybe I would offend her.

She didn't really look like a 12-year-old. The few faint scars that showed on her arm were exposed from her T-shirt.

I bet she had just as many scars as me. Looking beside her I noticed the black bookbag she had.

I wanted to look in it, I was curious about what was in it. Like one thing in there could tell me anything I wanted to know without asking. But that was an invasion of privacy.

Her face scrunched up for a split second before her head began to fall. I quickly reached up to put her head down slowly. I didn't feel normal, I think I caught myself smiling at her.