Twenty-Three • Sakura vs. Kai

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1610☜︎︎︎

"𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢?" 𝐼 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚. 𝐻𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑒 𝑟𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑘𝑤𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚. 𝐻𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑏𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑡𝑜𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑.

𝑊𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚. 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑜𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐻𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑘𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑒, 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑙𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑑. 𝐼𝑡 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

A couple of days later it was finally my fight with Kai. We hung out a few times in the time span, I even brought Killua and Gon along with me. They didn't like me going alone.

I was positive he wouldn't kill me but I was scared I'd be wrong. If he killed me he would still get the point if I didn't show up.

I slid my shoes on as my two best friends busted in like they owned the place. "You're gonna battle in that? If you die, that's your spirit outfit." Killua told me.

I smiled, patting his head. "I wanna die comfy." I shrugged. Gon shook me and I looked over at him. "You're not gonna die! I believe you can beat him." He smiled.

I looked back at Killua who grabbed me and dragged me to the kitchen, which I had in my room too. I just use it to hide the snacks I steal from my dad when he goes to the bathroom.

"You were my first friend and I swear if I lose you then..." He started blabbering. "I'll kill him." He told me. It wasn't what he wanted to say I could tell. I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're overreacting, I won't die, and he won't kill me. He won't get the chance." I promised him. He nodded, hugging me tighter. I smiled, he's so cute. He soon let me go.

"You're right, if he tried, Hisoka would probably get him first." He agreed. I shrugged. I'm not sure, I know Hisoka cares about me to a point but does he care that much?

I think he implied that I was supposed to win alone and that I shouldn't even be hanging out with the reaper in the first place.

He was nice though so I didn't see the problem in it. "Alright, I don't want to be late." I grabbed his hand and this time I was the one dragging him. Gon was standing by the door patiently playing with the bracelet I gave him.

I opened the door and continued dragging Killua behind me. Gon locked the door for me and followed.

Once we got there we had to separate since we were going separate ways. I had to get down to the stage and they had to watch from the stands.

"Don't die." Hisoka said as he was waiting against the wall by the hallway I had to go through. I nodded.

"I don't plan to!" He frowned at me as if what I said disappointed him.

"You get to find out why he's really called the Hooded Reaper. You're lucky he even showed you who he was."

"I know about his scythe if that's what you are implying. It was in his dorm when we had a sleepover." We as in me, Killua, and Gon.