Twenty-Two • Hooded Reaper

☞︎︎︎Word Count: 1155☜︎︎︎

𝑆𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑢𝑔𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔. 𝐻𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑢𝑔𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒. 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑛 𝑢𝑔𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒.

𝐻𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑑. "𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤." 𝑆𝑒𝑒, 𝐼 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑔𝑜, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑.

☾︎☀︎︎☽︎

We had a staring contest in pure silence for way longer than necessary. Well, I was kinda just staring into a dark space since I couldn't see his eyes. Then he eventually spoke.

"Wanna know something? Out of all the times I watched you smile with your friends, I almost started feeling bad that I was gonna have to kill you." That's comforting.

I laughed even though it wasn't really funny and watched as he slowly pulled his hood off. His hair was a blueish black and his eyes were black as well. Which surprised me considering his eyes were red earlier.

He was kinda cute if you really wanted to know. However, Killua was cuter. In my opinion anyways. "Names Kai." He stated. I smiled.

"Sakura." I'm sure he already knows that. I mean come on he's been watching me for a while.

"I'm not gonna have to deal with your dad will I?" Right. Hisoka would kill him if he killed me. He doesn't seem confident about taking on my father.

"Yeah, probably. Killua and Gon as well, I think." Would they go after him if he killed me? I would go after someone if they killed Killua or Gon. I would probably die in the process but that wouldn't stop me.

"Your dad is scary." He told me. I nodded, he is when you look at him or feel his aura. Truly he's a softie at heart, at least for me anyway.

"You know, you don't have to kill me, you know." Could knock me out or something. Like they do in other battles.

"Yeah, but what's the fun in that?" He shrugged. If you don't kill me, a 12-year-old girl, I live, and so do you. Unless he wants to fight my dad. In which case he's stupid and he'd definitely lose.

Since my dad got years on him. Well, about 10 years maybe. That's still a lot though. "If you let me live I-"

He cut me off with his bloodlust. While he could probably win a fight against me he certainly wouldn't win against my father.

"I did not agree to talk to you just so you could try and talk me out of killing you." He told me. Though in some way it sounded more like a threat.

"You don't even know if you're gonna win, but here you are thinking you're gonna kill me. You know the best thing about being a child? People underestimate you all the time." I told him with a huff.

I wasn't gonna die. No matter how sure he was. To prove a point when I win, I'm not gonna kill him. I've already killed enough, but if he wanted me to, it could be arranged.

"Yeah, well you won't win." He told me, so sure of himself.

"What's your nen type?" I asked him. If he told me surely I could get an idea of what to expect from Dad. I'm sure he'd tell me if I asked.

"Conjurer."

"Ha, I'm a specialist!" I bragged though I had no idea what ability I wanted anyway. He rolled his eyes as if he knew what I was doing. I wanted to seem stronger than him, though it doesn't seem like that option is gonna work.

I stood up and walked over to him. Standing right in front of him, I crossed my arms. "You know if you value your life you wouldn't kill me." I told him.

"If you were listening you would've heard me say that I didn't come here to discuss not killing you." He reminded me.

I was ready to throw a fit. Fits aren't my thing but I'm desperate right now. I have to switch tactics. "Okay, what's your favorite color?"

He raised an eyebrow. Wasn't getting anywhere with trying to stay alive so I'm going to try to get as much as I could out of him since he's so convinced I'm gonna die.

"Black." He said.

"I like purple and lighter shades of blue," I told him, though he probably didn't care. "What's your best friend's name?!" I asked, pointing at my necklace.

"You are asking a murderer about friends?" He asked me like I was stupid. I choked down the laugh I wanted to release. He's the stupid one.

"Um yeah. Pretty sure that's what I just asked. My dad's a murderer or an assassin and he has a friend. So does Killua and he has two of the bestest. Me and Gon!" I told him, holding up two fingers.

Too much information? Maybe I'm not sure. "Well, I don't have friends." He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"Everyone has friends even when they don't realize it." I told him. Even when I thought I was alone years ago I had people who would stick up for me. I then realized that I wasn't alone.

"Well, I don't." I frowned and grabbed his hand. Doing the trick I had done with Gon, and Killua before. A little dark blue butterfly flew out of his hand and landed on his head.

"Then I'll be your friend for as long as I live." I told him, smiling. I tilted my head when he started to smile faintly.

"Didn't know you did that." He looked down smiling harder. Before laughing at himself. He patted my head.

"You're not so bad kid. Maybe I'll spare you." I started jumping ecstatic. A maybe was enough for me. "That's great! I can work with a maybe." I hugged him, backed off, and put his hood back up. Then I patted his head.

"I think we'll be great friends! Maybe we can get friendship bracelets as well!" I smiled. He shook his head laughing again.

"Yeah." He told me. "That's if I don't kill you." He added. I nodded.

"That's if you don't kill me." I confirmed his words. Suddenly I was yanked back and I hit a wall. Well um ow.

"Didn't mean to do that." I met with my father's bright yellow eyes. In my opinion, they were pretty. Him and his stupid bungee gum are rude, that wall hurt.

"I was making a friend." I wined rubbing my head.

"Well, your friend is going to battle you soon so good luck with your friendship." He said sarcastically. I crossed my arms and started walking off, he followed.

"You should go to sleep. It's late." He told me. I nodded agreeing slightly. He yawned, causing me to yawn. So contagious.

"Race you?" I asked him. He agreed and we ran down the halls to my room. He won obviously but I told him I did because I could.

We said the goodnights and goodbyes before I walked into my room. Changing into my dinosaur onesie that Hisoka got me, I locked my door and plopped face-first into my bed. It didn't take long for me to eventually fall asleep.

✈︎I know it's been a long while lovelies but I'm gonna start trying to post more often again. Sorta fell out of it.