Chapter Eleven: Helping Hands

Suga's P.O.V.
Morning sunlight flickers onto my face, I turn over and groan.

'Should have shut those curtains properly' I think raising my arms out of the cozy covers and stretching them. I yawn and rub my hands over my face, slowly awakening to the world.
I check the time on my phone, 9.30am it reads.
I sigh and sit up.

A small bundle of excitement and nerves blooms in my gut the moment I realise today is the day.
I smile subconsciously, thinking about how much fun it'll be at the festival and how amazing (y/n) will look tonight as well. How beautiful she'll be under those coloured lanterns and with the fireworks exploding above us.

A knot then builds inside me.
'What if she doesn't like it? Or gets bored or I annoy her??'

I whine and flop back down, staring at the ceiling.
A little voice rings in my head 'you've got it bad for her buddy'

"She's worth having it bad for though." I mumble rolling over and grabbing my phone.

I go into my messages and find Daichi's added me to a new group. Asahi, Noya, Tanaka and myself are all part of it.
I frown curiously and open it.

Daichi:
Suga, were all meeting at your house, 11am, you better be awake ;)

Tanka:
Hell yeah!
Wait why?

Asahi:
Daichi told us last night Tanaka =_=

Noya:
Hahahaha!!!
You need to work less on your angry face and more on your memory Tanaka!

Daichi:
I had to remind you this morning about it already Noya, you don't have room to talk.

Noya:
I forgot about that....

Asahi:
Can't we just meet there and talk about all this later?

Tanaka:
Okay, we'll be there at 11!

I stare at the message for a few minutes before deciding a) whatever Daichi is doing, I doubt I could stop him, and b) I better get presentable before everyone storms into my house.

I get up and get dressed just in time for there to be a knock at the door. I go and open it.
Daichi is standing right there with a cheesy grin on his face, Noya and Tanaka stand behind him, Noya holding what looks like a bag full of snacks and Tanaka with a mischievous smile plastered on his face. Asahi however is at the back rubbing his neck and smiling sheepishly.

"Gonna let us in?" Daichi asks with a slightly teasing tone.

I narrow my eyes,
"Depends if you tell me what this is all about."

He shrugs,
"We just thought you could use a few wing men for tonight's date" he finishes and I stiffen.

'Were going on a daaattteeeeee!!!' My inner voice yells joyously and anxiously.

"I-I could handle it m-myself you know." I say and he rolls his eyes a little.

"We all know how awkward you get with girls Suga-sempai, AND you'd probably end up panicking too much right before it anyway" Tanka laughs and I groan knowing he's right.

I step to the side and Daichi walks in, leading the way for the others into my room. I close the door, following them after.

We all set up on the floor of my room, Noya dumps all the snacks in the middle of it and grabs something random before munching down on it before I even sit down.

"So what's the plan big man?" I ask Daichi, flopping crossed-legged on the carpet.

"Were gonna give you a one on one on how to get with Fujioka." Tanaka answers like that's the simplest thing in the world.