Chapter Five: I Don't Want To Lose You

~A few weeks later~

Your P.O.V
I wake up to the sound of silence, nothing but silence. I hear a ding go off signalling I have a message. Curious, I check my phone to see multiple messages and calls from Daichi, Suga and Kaneko. I wonder why they've been calling me for a few seconds before I notice the time.
I blink, taking a few seconds to comprehend I'm currently missing class.

I fall out of bed and scramble to my feet to get dressed. I decide that there's no time for food and run towards the door hurriedly putting my shoes on. Out of the corner of my eye I see Grandma walk into the hallway and gasp at me running down the stairs.

"What in the world are you still doing here? I thought you'd left already!" She says grabbing my bag that I was going to forget.

"I slept in -thank you." I say grabbing my bag and running out the door.

"Be careful!" I hear her yell out to me as I rush across the road.

'No no no no no' My thoughts chant as my feet hit the pavement.
'I can't be late again!'

Daichi's P.O.V
I look over to Suga who has worry painted all over his face. Fujioka hasn't been responding to any of our texts and she isn't usually this late.
Out of all of us Suga is definitely the most stressed.

Before the first bell went we heard a rumor about a highschooler being hit by a car on their way to school, because of how recently it happened there wasn't much information about it yet.

Ever since he heard the news Suga keeps looking out the window for (y/n) and his leg is bouncing like crazy, even his handwriting is messier than usual.

He's not the only one worried Kaneko and myself are getting more restless the longer we don't hear anything.
I don't think she's the one that got hurt so I try and reassure Suga but if I'm being honest, even I'm beginning to think the worst.

~Time skip, lunch in the gym~

I managed to coax Suga to come to the gym with me as well as Kaneko. We all keep checking our phones at the chance we got a message of some sort, not that any of us have. Kaneko and Suga go and sit down at one end of the gym and I go and talk to the rest of the team that have shown up about what's happening. Most of them seem worried but some of them just brush it off saying it's just a rumour. I don't disagree with them, but the longer we wait the worse the feeling of uneasiness in my stomach gets.

I go and sit down next to the others and take out my food. Kaneko has done the same and is eating her food but Suga has only picked at his. We sit in silence for a while and some of the others send glances at us. I attempt to start a conversation and Kaneko does her best but we can't lighten the mood in the least. After a bit, Suga says he needs to go for a walk and leaves.
I think about going with him but decide it's best that he goes by himself.

Suga's P.O.V
I walk around the school for a while trying to clear my head.
All I can think about Is (y/n). I have to know if she's okay or not. I'm practically going mad not knowing anything. My thoughts keep slipping into the 'what if's' and most of them are the worst possibilities.

I take out my phone and look at the messages I sent her. They started out calm, even humorous, asking if she was ditching school for the day or not. But as soon as the rumour came out that someone was hit by a car they became more and more urgent.

I look back at her text from last night where she said she'd see me at school today.
"You said you'd see me today (y/n), don't fail me now.
Please don't fail me now."