Chapter Nine: Sometimes Home Hurts

Your P.O.V.
Sleeping has always been one of my favorite things to do. In my time there are definitely some interesting ways that I've woken up.
Having a small creature climb on top of you is very high up on the scale of weird awakenings.

I open my eyes and look down to my stomach where the weight of the thing is. My nerves calmed when I saw that it was only Zilla, Haji's pet bearded dragon.
I remember him getting her when I was just beginning highschool. Hajime had been saving up for her ever since we had gone to the pet shop and seen her there.

When he brought her he refused to give her what his mum called a 'normal name', instead he named her Godzilla after his favourite movie monster. I personally loved the name and Oikawa thought it was good too. Haji's mum however, wanted something a little bit different so I came up with a solution.
Her full name would be Godzilla, to make Haji happy. And she would have Zilla as a nickname to please Hajime's mum.

"Oi Zilla, what are you doing in my room?" I whisper scold at her, my voice rough after sleeping so long. She turns her head at me blinking slowly.

"I have a feeling Haji has managed to let you roam a little far again. How about we get you back to your home." I say lifting her off me and getting out of bed.
I walk out into the hallway only to find Haji laying on the floor looking under a cabinet.

'What's the bet he's looking for her.' I think, smiling to myself.

"Missing someone?" I tease and he whips around.

"There you are." He says getting up with relief evident on his face.

"I thought you would have figured out how to keep track of her by now Haji. You've had her for what, three years?" I laugh and he smiles at me sheepishly before walking into his room. I follow and place Zilla in her enclosure.

"In my defence, she moves very quickly when she wants to." He says giving her a bit of food.
I plop down onto his bed and yawn.

"Yeah, you always say that." I say smiling and he gives me a side eye look.
I take a quick look around his room and smile. Everything is the same.

His books, mostly non-fiction and Volleyball, are all on the shelf stacked neatly. He has a poster of Godzilla on the back of his room's door as well as a poster of Japan's national volleyball team. He has a small photo of himself and Oikawa on his desk and another photo of his entire team after winning a match.
My favorite part of the room, other than Zilla of course, is a little bracelet I made for him that hangs off the door handle.

"I can't believe you still have that thing." I say nodding towards the bracelet.
He gives it a quick glance before sitting down on the floor beneath me.

"Well you made it for me and l still like it." He says quietly but confidently,
"Plus, it annoys Oikawa because he didn't get one from you and I did."

I laugh and he chuckles. My hand goes out and ruffles his hair before I stand up.

"Breakfast?" I ask.

"Breakfast." He says and we both head downstairs.

~ Time Skip ~

I'm sitting outside on the front step waiting for Haji to finish getting ready so we can go to the train station.

I get out my phone and write a quick text to Haruhi asking if she wants anything from the storage we have at our old house.
I asked her a few weeks back but I figured I should ask again just to make sure she hadn't remembered something since then.

I feel a buzz from my pocket a few seconds later and check the message.

Lil Sis 🤘
Hey (y/n),
I don't think I have anything in storage so don't worry about getting anything for me.
Btw, do you have any advise on how to resolve arguments between twins?
Just text me an answer when you have the time.
Okay, bye love you.