Chapter One: Things Could Be Worse?

Panic was the only feeling I had as I ran from my house to school. I was going to be late and it was the first day of school.
How did this happen you ask? Let's just say that I may or may not have decided not to bother checking the bus schedule and ended up missing the right bus.

My body is not particularly happy about having to sprint to school and it's letting me know by basically cutting off your air. I mean, I'm not unfit but after the entire school break and my lack of wanting to exercise due to a new show I wanted to binge, this wasn't a very pleasant experience.
As I reach the Karasuno school gates I check my watch, I still have a bit of before the bells going to go.

'Okay, now I just have to find the main office and get to my new class before the bell goes.' I think.

Ordinary, that might not seem too difficult but with a completely new school and no one I know to ask for help from, it's a pretty big challenge.
I go and walk to the main building, hoping that I can figure out how to get to the main office without having to ask someone.
Interaction with others isn't exactly one of my strong suits and I try to avoid it when I can. Luckily, I heard someone else talking awfully loud about how they were being called to the office and I only had to follow them in order to get there.

~Small time skip~

After talking to the lady at the main office I was now equipped with directions to class and finally knew where I was going. I manage to get to class just as the bell goes and walk in to find a chair.
As soon as I arrived I began to hear people whispering -not-so-subtly- about me.
"I haven't seen her before"
"I think she's new"
"She's kinda pretty"
"I wonder what school she came from?"

I can feel people's eyes bare down on me and I look out the window trying to distract myself from their gazes.
'I guess that's what you get for being the new kid who's a week late into the new year' I think.

I hear the door open and see the teacher walk in clapping to get the classes attention,
"Okay students settle down. As you may have noticed, we have a new student in our class. Please stand up and introduce yourself." She says looking staright at me.

'Here we go (y/n), you can do this!' I think to yourself as you stand up. I take a deep breath and start talking,

"H-Hi, um, my names Fujioka (y/n), I'm a third year transfer from Seijo High School and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of the year with you all. Please take care of me." I say and bow. The class mumbles their welcomes in response .

"Thank you Miss Fujioka, you can sit down now."

The teacher then begins to go through the rest of the roll in class and I begin to zone out looking out the window again.

"Sawamura Daichi." My attention is grasped when I hear that name.
'Wait a minute could that be...' I think as I turn in my chair to face the boy who just spoke. As I'm thinking I hear another name being said,
"Sugawara Kōshi." My head whips around to where the other boys voice came from.
'Okay this must be them.' I think remembering the grey haired player from the previous years volleyball matches.

Yeah, I'm into Volleyball, I have been since I was a kid. My neighborhood friends used to practice with me before I moved houses and, to be honest, I wasn't that bad at it. I loved watching matches and when I could, I liked to evaluate specific players and teams, it's fun.

From what I can remember these boys, Sawamura and Sugawara, were in a match against Auba Jōsai a few years ago along with another player of the same year level. It's safe to say they're team didn't come out victorious. But I remember seeing a lot of potential in them and their possible team in the future.