Chapter Eight: Waiting For You

A/N: Just letting you know I'll be changing (nickname) into (n/n) because I'm too lazy to write it all out.
Okay, back to the book!

I'm falling
falling
f a l l i n g
Into an inky depth below me. I'm falling but I have no weight, I feel like I'm floating. Something like water envelopes me, It's cool and refreshing to the touch. My chest begins to ache and I try to breath but can't. I flail around trying to swim up but I'm unsure where up is, it's all just black.

I try to scream but only hear silence around me. I yell and thrash for someone to help me.
Someone to save me
Save me

A strong hand grips onto my arm and pulls me. The inky water releases it's iron hold on me and I gasp, letting the sweet oxygen fill my burning lungs.

"I hear you (y/n), you're not alone anymore. I've got you."

I jolted awake and hit my head on something hard.

"Ow (y/n)-chan~ What was that for?" Oikawa complains, rubbing his head.
I finally come to my senses and realise he's sitting right next to me with an arm around my shoulder. He must have had his head on mine too.

My confused look turns into a glare and I shuffle away from him, throwing his arm off me.

"What were you doing Oikawa." I say more coldly than I meant. A gust of wind shifts my hair and makes goosebumps appear on my arms.

"I didn't do anything (nickname). You were shivering and I didn't want to wake you. He explains and I bite my lip.
"I know you used to find it hard to sleep at this point in the year so I left you." He finishes, skirting around my mums anniversary. Guilt begins to swell up inside me.

"Sorry, I-I just don't like people doing things without me knowing." I apologize and he smiles at me.

"It's all good." He says shrugging it off. I look up to the sky and frown at the clouds beginning to form.

"Hajime hasn't come back yet?" I ask and he shakes his head. I scan the park in search of him but don't see him anywhere.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked him.

"Not long. He probably got sidetracked. We can go look for him if you want." He says and I nod, getting up and putting my rubbish in the bin. Oikawa and I walk towards the house and pass a group of teenage girls. They only look a few years younger than us and they begin to send cute smiles to Oikawa and venomous looks to me.

The hair on the back of my neck stands up and I focus on the ground below me. Oikawa seems pretty oblivious but they wouldn't let him see what they are doing to me anyway. All he sees is the flirtatious looks directed to him.

It's always been like this. Ever since the start of highschool when we began hanging out the girls would always presume we were together. As a result I had a few incidents with pranks and threats, nothing horrible but it definitely wasn't a nice experience. Haji was the only one I told about it and I made him swear not to tell Oikawa.

The bullying led to me being super on guard to how I acted towards Oikawa in public. In a way it was a mask just like his except Oikawa's is a 'perfect' one and mine is more 'I-hate-this-person-24/7' and 'we-are-NOT-dating' kind of vibe.

But when we're together or with close friends our masks slip and we usually have heaps of fun with each other. Now that we don't go to the same school I hope that we won't have to deal with each others facades as much.

"Nē (y/n)-chan, don't you think we look like a couple right now?" He says to me with a cheeky grin plastered on his face. I narrow my eyes at him,