Chapter Ten: Timing Is Everything

Hajime Iwaizumi's P.O.V.
"(N/n)" I whisper, slightly nudging her sleeping form.
I paused for a minute hoping she'd wake up herself but it was a fruitless venture. Waking up (y/n) Fujioka has always been a task, especially if you were doing it before lunchtime.
"(N/n), you are not allowed to kill me for waking you up." I grumble as I walk over to the curtains.
"Time to say hello to the world" I say loudly as I pull them wide open. I hear a small hiss and bolt for the door, knowing she's now awake and angry that she is conscious too.

After about 10 minutes of waiting around I hear some shuffling feet and then see a figure stand in the doorway to my room. She's wrapped in her blanket and scowling at me.

(Me casually writing 'G'day' bc that's what I'd say before realising this is set in JAPAN *face palms and deletes the word*)

"She's awake." I say, a small grin creeping up my face.

"I hate you." She says, her voice croaky. I nod my head,

"I'm sure you do (n/n). How much would you hate me if I told you mum is making pancakes as we speak?" I say and see her eyes light up a little.

"I hate you less now Haji." She says wrapping her blankets firmly around her and waddling downstairs. I smile a little at her antics.
"I don't know what to do with her sometimes Zilla" I say quietly looking at her in her tank. She just blinks at me.
"Yeah, good idea." I sigh and get up heading downstairs.
I get to the kitchen and see (y/n) eating her food with a small smile on her face. Mum is standing by the stovetop making more pancakes.

When (y/n) first came to stay with us after her mums passing, I was small. I didn't fully understand what had even happened but from the looks on (y/n)s, mums and Mr Fujioka's faces, I knew it wasn't good.
After the first few days I gathered enough courage to ask (y/n) why she was staying with us. Even back then she was shutting as much of her pain out from the world. She ignored my question and pretended not to hear even though I knew she did.
It took a long time for her to open up to me, to mum, to anyone really. And the trust and bond we have, I couldn't want anything more from her.

As we got older people asked if we were dating or if I liked her or if she liked me, all those types of questions. And even though I may have had a crush on her once or twice in my youth, I wouldn't say I have any romantic feelings towards her now. She's like family and I do love her, not that I'd ever say that to anyone. Especially not Oikawa, he'd take it in the wrong way and never let me live it down.

The doorbell suddenly goes off and I narrow my eyes.

'There's only one person who'd be here at this hour.'

(Y/n) and I share a glance and we pause,
Another ring, and another and another.

"Your house Haji, go and welcome the guest." (y/n) says shoving in another mouthful of food. I hear mum snicker under her breath.
I sigh and drag myself to the door, preparing for an insult to my ears.
I open it and would you look at that,

"Iwa-Chaaannn~" Oikawa beams and I groan,
"Oheyō Oikawa-san, do you want to come in." I ask and he quickly walks in and takes his shoes off.
We walk back to the kitchen where (y/n) has just finished her food and is helping clean up the dishes.
Oikawa perks up and grins when he sees she's still here.

"(N/n)-chan, how are you on this beautiful day~?" He asks brightly. I roll my eyes and laugh a little.

'He's not my problem now, have fun (y/n).'

(y/n)'s P.O.V.
"Thanks Haji." I mumble as Oikawa is giving me his trademark golden boy smile.

"I'm good thanks." I say nonchalantly to Oikawa, still salty that Haji just ditched me. His smile doesn't falter but the brightness in Oikawa's eyes flickers a little.