Chapter Three: Interesting Introductions

A loud noise basically kills my eardrums as soon as I wake up.

'Stupid Alarm! Let me sleep!!'

I fling my arm out to hit snooze and end up hitting my hand on the corner of the bedside table. Fully awake now I sit up and grumble as I walk downstairs. I catch a glimpse of my reflection and cringe.

"Fix bed hair before school." I mumble to myself before making my way into the kitchen. "Or it might scare some small children."

I walk in and see Grandma sitting down with a cup of tea in her hand reading the newspaper. Grandpa is not to be seen and I suspect he may be in the Garden already.

"Ohayō" (good morning) I say to her and she looks up from her reading.

"I was beginning to think you were going to sleep in again." she says with a smirk on her lips, her green eyes gleaming.

"I decided I should make time to walk to school today actually." I say as I make myself some breakfast.

"When you come home after Volleyball just make sure your not by yourself okay?" She says with a hint of worry in her voice.

"I've got an entire team of people to walk me home now Grandma. I'm sure at least one of them will walk me home if its dark." I say and her worry disappears and is replaced with a cheeky grin.

"A team of hunky boys you mean." She says still grinning. A blush begins to form on my face at her teasing.

"I would be lying if I didn't say they were in good shape. But that doesn't mean anything so don't get any ideas Grandma." I say and point a spoon at her threateningly. She only laughs and goes back to reading.

I finished making my food and eat it before going back upstairs and finish getting ready for school.
I get dressed, tie my (h/l) (h/c) into a (hairstyle) and make sure there's no remnants of bed hair. I also make sure that my locket is securely attached and let it hang underneath my uniform. I don't really feel like answering peoples questions about it yet so it's best to be hidden.
I say goodbye to both Grandparents, finding Grandpa in the garden, and start walking to school.

The morning sunlight makes its way onto my skin making me feel more awake. I grab my headphones, put in one ear and listen to some music. The air feels fresh and I'm surprisingly relaxed. That is until I hear my name being screeched out by none other than Tanaka.

He's running towards me and I decide not to ignore him, even though I just wanted a bit of peace and quiet on my way to school.
I manage a small smile as he reaches me and returns the gesture.

"Are you looking forward to your first official practice today as manager Fujioka-sempai?" He asks

"Of course Tanaka, I can't wait to see what your all like. And you can just call me Fujioka if you want." I say with a genuine smile.

"O-Okay, uh, t-that's really good then." He stutters with a slight blush on his face.

'Cute. He's such a softie.' I think as we continue walking.

I'm thankful he doesn't pester me with questions and picks up on how I want some quiet. Soon we reach the school gates I say goodbye and head towards my classroom. When I reach it Kaneko walks over to me and sits down in the seat close by.

"Sooo, how'd it go yesterday?" She says excitedly. I can't help but smile as I retell her everything that happened the day before. We talk until the bell goes and all the students begin to take their seats. Daichi and Suga both wave and smile as they sit down. Kaneko sends a teasing look my way and I roll my eyes. Soon the teacher comes in and begins the school lessons.