𝑶𝒏𝒆

[Medalion Rahimi as Selah Young]

I 01. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ note ❞

     TEARS DOTTED THE LOVE LETTER IN HER HAND. She couldn't resist the salty water flowing down her cheeks, nor the sudden urge to sob her heart out and hug the wrinkled paper to her chest. It hurt her to no end now that he was gone. But it had been forty-eight hours since Percy Jackson had gone missing that fateful December night, two days since she had last seen him or heard his voice.

Her hands were shaking tremendously while she sat on the dark maroon couch covered in velvet pillows that had small birds embroidered into them. The lights were dim, most of the windows shrouded by cream colored curtains and a large amount of plants in the room.

Ariadne hadn't ever thought she would lose him again. After he went missing for two weeks during their quest in the Labyrinth, he was presumed dead, and she hadn't been able to tell him everything she had wanted until a later.

Now, he was gone again. And with everyone out searching for him she has no clue if they would find him, because frankly, whatever had taken him would do a good job of hiding him from anyone on the lookout.

The letter in her hand was found tucked away in a notebook, one that she had seen on his desk in his room a million times. Ariadne would never go through his stuff, but she knocked it over and it slipped out. She couldn't help but read it.

Her heart had become stuck in her throat  the entire time she ran to that apartment. Showing up on their doorstep, sobbing in the rain, her hair matted together while others ran for cover on the streets below. Ariadne had been covering her face while the paper tucked out of her pocket for safe keeping, and she was dragged inside and forced to change into warmer clothes.

Ariadne hadn't slept in a day. Not with the thought of telling Sally on her mind. The woman had been heartbroken, and Paul had held her while the girl sat on the couch, pursing her lips to try and stay strong for the loving woman. Percy wouldn't have wanted his mom to cry, and the brunette felt terrible that she was the cause. Some part of her heart dug itself deep and was taunting her with what she could've done differently. Being nice to Hera, for one.

Now, reading those words he wrote to her, pouring his heart and soul out, in what was meant to be a Christmas present was breaking her to pieces. If she could, she would've done everything in her power to find him, but Chiron and ever other camp counselor agreed that she needed to stay far away from the search unless accompanied by another person.

It was all because of what she has done when she found out he was gone.

First, the girl had gone into an utter rage. Vines seemed to trees out like they were nothing. Pollux had to battle them, but even his strongest couldn't battle her blink of an eye. Campers had to take cover and she was eventually calmed down by Annabeth, who was pleading with her to stop.