𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚

WHO SHE WAS

"and thus"

ARIADNE KNEW WHO SHE WAS. Since she was five, she had been the only daughter of Dionysus. At eight, the best sword fighter in three hundred years. Sixteen, a savior of Olympus. Seventeen, a survivor of Tartarus.

But now, sitting on a bunk in her boyfriend's room on the Argo II, Ariadne didn't know who she was anymore.

After almost killing an eternal being, feeling that rush of power and privilege, she didn't know what to do. She couldn't sleep without waking up every hour hoping that the feeling around her neck wasn't stone or an arai clasping it's clawed hands on her skin. She couldn't stare at the pitch black without hearing Tartarus's laugh. And most of all, seeing the stars made her vomit because of Bob laying down his life for her and Annabeth to escape.

Annabeth bounced back quicker than she could. It had always been the opposite, but the blonde went back in crisis mode and talked to her girlfriend through IM every chance she could. Grover was her buddy, and yes, Ariadne loved him, but she couldn't confide like they hoped.

So now, Ariadne sits in the room her boyfriend sleeps in with a dozen lights on to project the shadows from them. Annabeth, Piper, and Jason all are getting information and the others are working. Percy offered to stay for comfort but Ariadne shot it down.

She would stare at herself in the mirror every so often, to make sure she wasn't intangible with Death Mist again. Her hair was unruly even more, now a deep shade of purple that seemed more colorful than her father's. The gray streak was bright against her skin as it stuck out, and her eyes were dead, hidden by bags heavy enough to carry all her burdens.

Ariadne was afraid to close her eyes and wake up with fire-water in her throat. Glancing down at her hands, her skin was much darker crawling up her arms before melting into its' normal color. Medusa's curse had permanently altered her body in a constant reminder. A scar from Antaeus' curse was along her sternum.

Percy would trace them with his finger when she struggled to breath, mumbling encouragements and happy thoughts to urge her to calm down. He could only do so much, but she loved him, and he loved her despite it all.

She heard footsteps above, signaling that the trio had arrived back from whatever they had been doing. Piper was yelling for Leo, Annabeth telling Percy what happened, and Jason must've been passed out again cause he wasn't speaking. Everyone was also calling for her in the meeting room for breakfast and to debrief.

Ariadne stood up, shoes knocking against the wood before stumbling down the hallway. She was in a daze, the light burning her eyes.