𝑻𝒘𝒐

I 02

I 02. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ grand canyon ❞

     HE DOUBTED THIS WAS NORMAL. Nothing about it seemed like anything that would happen accept for in a movie. He was lost, and without a doubt, confused.

Jason Grace stood on the skywalk with his two supposed best friends. He was an amnesiac, and he couldn't remember how he had gotten on that bus, or why he has been holding Piper's hand. All he knew was that they had just been attacked by other worldly beings with superpowers and he could somehow fly. He thought he was going crazy.

He was convinced Leo had already lost his mind when the boy pointed out that there were flying horses in the sky. But with a quick look, his blue eyes widened as they saw a dark shape descending from the east—too slow for a plane, too large for a bird. As it got closer he could see a pair of winged animals—gray, four legged, exactly like horses—except each one had a twenty foot wingspan. And they were pulling a bright painted book with two wheels: a chariot.

"Reinforcements," Jason said. "He's told me an extraction squad was coming for us."

"Extraction squad?" Leo struggled to his feet. "That sounds painful."

"And where are they extracting us to? Piper asked.

Jason watched as the chariot landed on the far end of the skywalk. The flying horses tucked in their wings and cantered nervously across the glass, as if they sensed it was near breaking. Three teenagers stood in the chariot—a tall blonde girl maybe a little older than Jason, and a bulky dude with a shaved head and a face like a pile of bricks. The last person had already leaped out of the chariot while it was still mid-flight.

All three of the extremely confused teens watched with gaping mouths as the figure jumped and rolled onto the skywalk. They dodged a few cracks in the glass, a sword materializing in their hand, and they finally gained a good look.

It was as if she wasn't even real.

She was beautiful, all of them could clearly see that. Her hair was in tight ringlets that rested in a high ponytail, held together by a blue scrunchy while a few pieces stuck out, eyes catching onto the grey streak running through her hair. Her eyes were as bright as gems, purple seeming to make everything hazy, and warping their mind and distorting reality. A few cartilage piercings rested in her ears and an industrial one poked out. There was a long, jagged scar on the left side of her face, but that did nothing but make her look even more hauntingly beautiful.

There was something about her that made Jason catch his breath. Leo looked ready to faint, and Piper tilted her head, but there was a twinkle in her eyes. It was as if this brunette girl was a goddess that suddenly dropped from the heavens above to save them.