𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

BOSS BITCHES

"one more word and you're dead"

THE SECOND SHE STEPPED ONTO THE DECK, SHE WAS HOUNDED BY ANNABETH. Apparently, Ariadne had promised to talk with her over a few battle plans they had as backup, but she hadn't showed.

Ariadne kept her blush from rising any further than her neck. It wasn't noticeable, at least she hoped so. Her hands were itching to pull the collar of her shirt up higher. She hoped they didn't see the marks on her skin.

Leo docked the ship at a pier in Charleston Harbor, the right next to the sea wall. Along the shore was a historical district with tall mansions, palm trees, and wrought-iron fence. Antique cannons pointed at the water.

Annabeth tapped her foot against the wooden floor while her arms were crossed, eyes raising in question when her best friend glanced away nervously. Piper had seemed to sidle along to the blonde, watching the older girl, as well.

"Are you okay, Ari?" Piper questioned, tilting her head while the brunette cleared her throat awkwardly. "You look a bit red."

"Uh...yeah," Ariadne muttered, scratching the back of her neck, "I'm good."

Hazel, being the naive girl she was, walked over with a worried face. Her hands wrung together. Her gold eyes narrowed in on the much taller girl, eyeing her body while reaching forward, her hand pulling at her collar. "Oh, Ariadne, we need to get you some ambrosia and nectar, you have bruises on you!"

The boys on the deck perked their heads up. They wondered if she had gotten into a fight, but they stopped, eyes locking into Percy who stood frozen with a creeping smile upon his face. He was biting it back as much as he could, but they all noticed the gleam in his eyes.

Leo grinned brightly. His elfish body jumped up and down. "I know what it is, Hazel! They're not bruises, they're—"

"Leo," Ariadne warned.

It didn't deter him. He was already bouncing up and down, shaking the deck so much that Coach Hedge gave him a nasty glare. He held his bat tightly.

"It's not a bruise, young pupil, it's a hickey!"

Annabeth and Piper leaned on each other while hiding their laughs. Jason was glancing at a smirking Percy, while Frank looked uncomfortable. Coach Hedge was ready to throw the couple over board.

Hazel looked around with nervous eyes. "What..."

Ariadne groaned loudly. She slapped a hand over her neck while glaring at her boyfriend, who was trying to contain his smirk. The girl was about throw him overboard. "I'm not explaining anything. It's your fault we're having this conversation."