𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

I 07

I 07. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ festus ❞

     WAVES LAPPED AT HER FEET, TICKLING THEM AS SAND SCRATCHED HER SKIN. She leaned against her hands while she watched the fading sun. Orange, pink, and yellow splashed together across the sky, bleeding through the horizon and seeming to hold hands with the deep blue waves. It was peaceful in Montauk. Three hours from the city. No loud honking, no busy streets, and no school.

Ariadne felt a reminder of Camp Half-Blood. The Long Island Sound was always one of the first things she heard in the early morning, with a salty breeze blowing in her face while she struggled to pull her shoes on, hurrying to the archery fields before Chiron could force her to demonstrate her terrible skills first because she was late. Those were times that she kept near and dear to her heart.

The Jackson-Blofis household had invited her on a trip to Montauk. They had a few days off from school, and they all decided to take the chance to visit the cabin away from the city. It was her first time there, and it was peaceful, and she felt a bit giddy knowing she was able to recreate a few camp games she had grown up with ( how many times could she pin Percy down, marshmallow surprise, etc. ).

Percy had told her the rental cabin was on the south shore, way out at the tip of Long Island. It was a little pastel box with faded curtains, half-sunken into the dunes. There was always sand in the sheets and spiders in the cabinets, and most of the time the sea was too cold to swim in. But was that going to stop him from throwing her in at some point? No. It would never stop him from showing off in front of her because he felt the need to do so. Her heart fluttered.

He was taking a walk with his mom to reminisce, Paul was taking a nap after a late drive, and she was sitting on the shore just thinking.

She didn't mind the alone time. This place was a getaway for Percy and Sally, it was important to them. And it completely added up once she saw the view of the sunset over the horizon.

A small breeze brushed by, moving her hair over her shoulders, tickling her nose and cheeks. She wrapped her sweatshirt-covered arms around her waist to allow some warmth. Dressed in a pair of sweats and one of Percy's sweatpants was a go to style for her on the weekends.

Water crawled up toward her ankles, making in her smile. She could only imagine Poseidon watching them. It was odd, but all the gods were seeming to keep an eye on her and Percy and any others that had fought in the Battle of Olympus.

Her eyes narrowed when she heard the sand shift behind her, sticks and a few rocks moving to the side, as if someone was pushing them.

"Nice try, Kelp Head," Ariadne said. "You're not that slick."