thirty nine

Chapter 39

"So you're saying that Hendery-hyung and your sister used to date?" Chenle gasped and covered his mouth in shock. "How come he never told us?!"

Jeno handed a can of soda to Haejin and Jaemin who were seated on the couch, "Because Chenle, they're not required to tell us everything just because they're our friends." He said and sat on the couch across the couple.

They were at their friends' dorm, telling them that everything's alright and sorted it out. They have also told them that Jaemin is finally reunited with his family.

Chenle frowned and sat beside Jisung, "I know, but I mean, he could have told us so that we didn't have to jump into wrong conclusions and point fingers at Jaemin-hyung." He said and crossed his arms.

"Chenle has a point," Donghyuck said. "But then again, it's Dery-hyung's life, and it's his decision after all." He shrugged and sat on the couch.

"But I find it really amazing that Jaemin is related with our boss." Jeno said, then gasped afterwards. "Maybe that's the reason why you never got a hard scolding from Mr. Park? Because he's your brother?"

"You're just jealous that Jaemin never made a mistake in work and you fuck up all the time," Renjun snorted which made them laugh. Jeno frowned at him but he could only shrug, "What? Did I fucking stutter?"

"You talk like that now that you have a girlfriend."

"Me? Girlfriend? Who?" Renjun pointed at himself.

Mark placed a tray full of food on the center table, "So are you saying that you are not dating Ningning?" He asked and ate some chips.

The Chinese male shrugged and thought for a while, "Well it feels nice every time I'm with her, I feel happy when I'm with her and I just want to be with her always." He said and paused. "But I haven't thought of us being in a relationship... how I wish I could call her my girlfriend."

Some of them could only roll their eyes at the guy. "Dumb." Donghyuck said. "Seriously, how did this guy became the smartest among the seven of us?"

Jeno squinted his eyes at the couple in front of them, "So you came all the way here to tell us that?" He asked.

The two looked at each other before Jaemin answered, "They want to formally meet Haejin." He smiled.

***

"Do I look good?" Haejin muttered under her breath the moment they were outside the restaurant.

The place looed really fancy and extravagant. She can't help herself but become nervous even if she knows that she'll do well. Jaemin somehow felt nervous too.

He nodded, "Don't be nervous! Not like they'll hurt you or anything; they won't dare." Jaemin chuckled, but it didn't ease Haejin's nervousness at all.

Sighing, he faced Haejin and held both of her hands, "Don't worry, okay?" He said and stared at her eyes. "I love you, and I'm sure they'll love you as much as I do, too."

Haejin took a deep breath and nodded, "Thank you."

The moment they entered the restaurant, Jaemin immediately heard his siblings' voice. He was pretty sure that they were bickering once again, and by they, he means Jihoon and Yeeun.