twenty nine

Chapter 29

"Why do you guys look serious?" They looked Mark, who just entered, and Mark could have sworn that he feels his heart pumping blood aggressively. He sat beside Donghyuck and looked at Chenle, "What now?"

The young Chinese male took a deep breath before starting, "There's something you need to know about Jaemin-hyung."

"What do we need to know about Jaemin?" Doyoung asked and looked at their friends one by one. "And could you please drop the serious facade? You're making me wanna shit my pants."

Instead of laughing because of Doyoung's comment, everyone even became more serious. Chenle sighed, "Hendery-hyung messaged me last night and told me that Jaemin-hyung has been coming home from work late."

"Maybe Hendery's just overstating it?" Kun asked. "They're probably just busy with the upcoming game since Jaemin is the team leader right?"

Chenle nodded and sighed, "I know, hyung, and you're right, I have thought of that, too, but Hendery-hyung said that Jaemin-hyung has been coming home from work at around 2 or 3 in the morning for how many days already."

The guys who were working at the same company in Korea looked at each other, "But the company only allows us to work until 11 pm when we want to work overtime." Yangyang said.

"What in the world is Jaemin up to?" Mark's guts were telling him something, but he's trying really hard to ignore it until Chenle says it. He was nervous, and his blood was slowly boiling inside.

Chenle took a deep breath, "Hendery-hyung said that Jaemin-hyung is seeing someone else." He said. "Their boss."

"What?!" Jungwoo exclaimed. "But Jaemin isn't the type of person who cheats." He had his hand covering his mouth.

"Chenle, is that for real?" Taeyong asked.

All of them weren't believing what Chenle was saying, because all of them know how Jaemin loves Haejin, and they all know how Jaemin was persistent in getting Haejin. It even took him years, just to make Haejin say yes.

The young Chinese male showed them the conversation they had after they talked on the phone. He gave his phone to Taeyong, and the two who were seated beside him, looked at the conversation.

"It was all a hunch, but Jaemin didn't deny nor confirmed anything," Jaehyun sighed upon seeing the conversation Taeyong was reading.

"I'm gonna kill him when he comes back, I swear." Mark clenched his fists under the table. "Don't even dare to come back here in Seoul if Hendery's hunches are right, Na Jaemin." He gritted his teeth.

****

February 14. Seoul, South Korea.

"Noona, have you seen Haejin?" Donghyuck asked Irene, who was assisting people who were lined up for the Valentine's day book conference that will happen. After the dinner last night, nobody spoke to each other. The mood was tense, and no matter how hard Lucas tried to make the spirits lively, it did not work.

Irene looked at Donghyuck and shook her head, "No, have you tried calling her already?" She asked and looked at her watch. "It's 8:30 already, isn't she here yet? She was never late."

The boy sighed and tried dialing Haejin's number once again. "Oh my gosh, there's no way Mark-hyung told you already..." he muttered and kept on sighing every time the line directs him to her voice mail. "Shit, why do I feel like something happened."

"Don't think of that, Hyuck..." Irene said. "Try asking Ten or Ningning... or maybe Yuta?" She suggested. "Tell me if you get a hold of her, I'll be here, okay?"

Donghyuck nodded, "Okay, noona. See you later!" He said and ran towards Ningning's department, which was the stage.

"Ningning!" He called and ran up the stage. "Have you tried calling Renjun?" He asked while panting.

The girl excused herself form her friends and raised a brow at Donghyuck, "No, but we talked last night." She said. "Why, did something happen?"

"I just thought that he told you something about Haejin because those two are close, and you and Haejin are also close." Donghyuck sighed and tried calling Haejin once again.

"Wait, Hyuck-oppa, you're losing me." Ningning said, totally confused about what's happening. "Tell me everything that happened from the beginning so that I can catch up."

"Long story short, Haejin isn't here yet and she isn't picking up any of my calls." Donghyuck said. "I won't go further into details until everything is confirmed, so I hope you understand, Ning-ie..."

She nodded, "I'll try calling her."

"Na Jaemin, have you talked to your girlfriend already?" Donghyuck yelled at Jaemin the moment the guy in London answered the call.

"For valentines? No, not yet. Why?" Jaemin asked.

"Yeah, because you were too busy with your boss!" Donghyuck wanted to say, but instead, he sighed, "Nothing, I just thought that you had talked to her already." He said.

Donghyuck doesn't mean to sound rude, especially towards his friend, but the event last night kept him awake. He and Renjun even had the audacity to lie in front of Haejin yesterday, especially when he said that he'll be treating Renjun since he helped them.

He ended the call and rushed back towards Ningning who was on the stage, "Did she answer?" He asked, and Ningning shook her head.

"It keeps on directing me to her voice mail." She said. "But what do we do? She's the speaker, right?" She asked and Donghyuck nodded.

They saw Irene and Yeri running towards their direction, "What happend? Have you talked to her already?" Irene asked and the two shook their heads.

"Noona, I'll be going to her apartment to see if she's there. Mark-hyung texted me earlier and he told me that he'll be going here." Donghyuck said."I'll call you guys immediately if Haejin won't make it."

Yeri nodded, "I'll be the speaker instead, if she can't."

All of them nodded.

"I'll be back."

tbc.
owo what happened, and where is jinjinnie? .0.

keep safe, jaems!