twenty

Chapter 20

"Why are we gathered outside the conference room again?" Sungchan whispered to Xiaojun, who had his hands clasped in front of him while his eyes were closed.

Jaemin's secretary threw a look at the young intern, "Because! I haven't slept last night because I finished the report and I wasn't able to proofread the presentation. Fuck, there might be typos."

Shotaro and Sungchan looked at the secretary, "Hyung?!"

"What's happening, why are you guys here?" All of them, who were gathered outside the conference room looked at the person who spoke. "What, you didn't answer my question."

"J-Jaemin is already inside, talking to the clients. The conference was supposed to last for an hour, but it's taking too long, Miss Park." Hendery said.

Yeeun sighed, "I'm honestly worried about him, too. I have no idea why the clients wanted him to present." She took a deep breath and stared at the door in front of them. "Not that I don't trust him, I'm just nervous, too." She let out another sigh.

Meanwhile, Shotaro, Xiaojun, Hendery and Sungchan threw glances with each other. It was as if they were thinking of the same thing, and it's something not to be happy about.

"The deal is set," the director of League company stood up and shook Jaemin's hand. "360 IT Innovations Corporation will be partners with League Company in creating Traveler."

Jaemin smiled and kept on thanking the director, "Thank you sir! We will do our best!" The board of directors left the room one by one. After they left, Jaemin went outside only to see almost everyone in his department looking at him weirdly.

"Sunbae, what happened?!" Shotaro asked.

"Hyung, is everything alright?" Sungchan asked.

"Don't just look at us! Speak!" This time , Hendery spoke.

Jaemin just chuckled and shook his head, "We got the deal!" He screamed and his friends immediately attacked him with a hug. "Thank you for your support guys!"

"We just knew you can do it!" Xiaojun ruffled his hair. "Congrats, Jaemin!"

Their boss watched the scene in front of her. She was also proud of Jaemin. She clapped her hands to get their attention, "Good job, Nana! Congrats!" She smiled and shook his hand. After that, she bid goodbye.

Jaemin looked at them witha huge smile on his face, "I couldn't have done it without you guys. I'm so thankful!"

"We're always here for you!" Shotaro said.

Jaemin smiled and excused himself, "I'm gonna go and see if our friends back in Seoul are still awake." He walked away from them, leaving Xiaojun, Hendery, Sungchan and Shotaro.

"Hyungs," Sungchan started. His hyungs humemd as a response and looked at him. "Am I the only one who noticed?"

"Noticed what?" Hendery asked.

"Since when did Yeeun-noona call us by our nicknames? How did she know that Nana is hyung's nickname?"

***

Jaemin sighed contentedly and opened his laptop. He remembers how the panel went crazy over the character sketches earlier. He smiled, remembering that every character idea that he has goes straight into either Renjun or Yangyang's drawing tablet.