thirty seven

Chapter 37

"Something happened, am I right?" Donghyuck whispered and kick the floor so that his chair would move closer to Haejin. "Yah, are you going to ignore me, too?" He frowned.

The girl stopped writing on her notebook and just looked at her friend, "I'm a couple of months late, but why the hell do I think that Hendery-oppa was right?" She told Donghyuck and covered her face using her hands.

"Right? What do you mean?"

"About the girl," she said and sighed. Her eyes travelled to the pictures that were on her table, and then smiled sadly when she saw the picture that Mark and Donghyuck took when they were at London Eye.

"Huh?!" Donghyuck exclaimed, a little too loud, making almost all of their co-workers look at them. He just chuckled to shrug off the embarrassment and looked at Haejin once again. "How can you say that?"

Haejin just frowned at him, "Jaemin arrived earlier, with a girl." She said and frowned even more.

"Huh?!" Donghyuck exclaimed once again and stood up, pulling Haejin and dragging her out of the office in the process. Once they were outside, he looked at Haejin, "Who girl, what girl?!" He exclaimed.

"I have no idea, but I'll surely talk to him once my mood gets better."

"Did he say anything earlier when you left for work? I mean, he knew that you took a day off." Donghyuck asked her while they were walking to their company's cafeteria.

Haejin shrugged, "He probably didn't say anything because he was sleeping when I left." she sighed.

They went to a stall in the cafeteria and bought takoyaki. They sat on a nearby table as they talked about everything, including Haejin's feelings.

***

The next day, Haejin wasn't even surprised when she noticed that Jaemin left their apartment early. She doesn't know what Jaemin is up to since he just arrived yesterday and they haven't talked to each other decently.

Sighing, Haejin just stood up and went to the kitchen. All of her thoughts suddenly went away the moment she saw some of her favorite food for breakfast. She smiled as she saw the note on the table.

I'll be back, Love! Just went to Jihoon-hyung for a report :> Make sure to eat, I love you <3

"Fine, I'm not mad at you anymore..." she told herself as if Jaemin could hear it, and started munching on the waffles he made. "I'm mad at myself for throwing tantrums and making the food wait."

Today was another day off since it was Saturday, and as much as she wanted to go out with Jaemin, she can't. Because first, Jaemin isn't there and second, he's probably tired and is adjusting to the timezone.

***

"Hyung..."

Jihoon stopped what he was doing upon hearing Jaemin's voice. "When did you arrive?" He asked and smiled, gesturing him and Yeeun to come closer.

"Just yesterday," Yeeun was the one who answered since Jaemin became silent once again.

Jaemin sighed and decided to face his brother, "Hyung, I just wanna tell you that I'm not mad at you guys..." he said and smiled at Jihoon. "I understand everything now, and you guys are my family. I have no right to be mad at you."

A tear escaped from Jihoon's eyes, and even Yeeun was fanning her eyes to prevent the tears from falling. "I-Is that true?"

Jaemin nodded, "I wouldn't be here if I'm holding a grudge towards you." He said and smiled.

***

"Ningning!" Haejin exclaimed the moment her friend answered the call.

"Did something happen? Why did you suddenly call?" The sound of cars blowing their horns was heard from Ningning's line, and Haejin didn't have to guess where she was.

"Are you free? I wanna go out but I don't wanna go alone." She sighed. "Hyuck said he had an appointment with my brother, and Jaemin went to 360 so I called to irritate you."

Ningning sighed, "Yeah it sounds like it." Haejin could imagine her friend rolling her eyes at her from the other line. "Well if you want to, then you can tag along—shut up!"

Haejin squinted her eyes, "Who are you with?"

"I'm with Renjun." Ningning sighed. "Shut up for a while, I'm talking to Haejin! So, are you coming?"

Haejin could only frown, "And make me your third wheel? Heck, no." She frowned even more, almost close to crying because she doesn't have anything to do and she doesn't want to continue the sequel she's writing.

"And here I thought that you'll die out of boredom." Ningning said. "Okay then, suit yourself—"

"Wait!" Haejin sighed. "Where the fuck are you two? I'll go with you guys."

"I'll just send you the address."

"Okay, thanks Ningning! Say thanks to Renjun for me, too!"

Haejin immediately rushed to her room and change her clothes. Even if Ningning and Renjun didn't agree with her tagging along, she still would have tagged along anyways.

"Yes sir, I'm ready to become a third wheel sir!" Haejin said the moment she spotted the two who were happily eating ice cream while seated on a bench. "Disgustingly sweet!"

"Don't steal my line!" Renjun frowned at Haejin who was still throwing them a look.

***

"How does it feel that you have got it off your chest?" Yeeun asked Jaemin who was drinking his coffee.

The boy sighed, "Happy, of course." He smiled. "Noona, where is Jihoon-hyung by the way? I thought he'll eat with us?"

Yeeun sighed and crossed his arms, "That guy said that he'll finish his work first before coming here, and all along I thought that family comes first?" She rolled her eyed and her brother laughed. "I mean, it'll be the first time that we'll be eating together, and heck, even Chanyeol-oppa said he'll come here."

"By the way, Yeeun-noona... about what Jihoon-hyung said earlier..." Jaemin started. "I don't want it."

Yeuun could only nod, "I know that you'll say that," she sighed. "Don't worry, I'll talk to him, he'll understand." she said and smiled.

"Jaemin?" The two turned to look beside them and saw Renjun, who was Ningning and someone else. But what shocked Jaemin is that it wasn't just someone else, it was Haejin, his girlfriend.

And screw everything else because he just remembered that Yeeun was in fact, his sister.

tbc.
i published a shotaro fic called 'Always' :D

you guys can check it if you want~