twenty three

Chapter 23

The sun was shining, but the cold breeze was making Jaemin shiver. He was with Hendery, and they were on their way to the airport as to what the older said earlier.

"Why did you bring your van though? Did they bring their friends or something?" Jaemin sighed. He watche the fog his breath created vanish into thin air.

Hendery could only shrug, "I have no idea, but they told me to bring my van instead." He pressed his lips into a thin line.

A couple of minutes later, and they found themselves stuck inside their car while they were at the parking lot of the airport. There weren't a lot of people, but Jaemin was certain that lots of people are gonna arrive when there's only a few days left before Christmas.

"Can I just wait here, hyung? I still need sleep." Jaemin yawned. "I arrived at around 2 or 3 am and got woken up at 7 in the morning."

Hendery rolled his eyes, "Bold of you to assume that I wasn't with you. I'm on the same team as you, dimwit." He sighed. "I'm tired, too, but here we are. Now let's go so that we could go back early."

Jaemin opened the door and frowned at his friend, "Fine."

They went to the arrival area and Jaemin could only groan mentally. He doesn't want to be rude, but he doesn't even know his friend's sisters personally.

"Yes, we're outside already." Jaemin could hear Hendery speak to the other person through the phone. "Jaemin's wearing a white sweater while I'm wearing yellow... what, where are you?" He started to look around, and he could see his friends running towards their direction.

"Jaemin-ah!" It was as if the sleepiness disappeared, and all that Jaemin could hear was the voice of the person who called his name. He couldn't be mistaken.

Hendery already ran from him, while he was just standing at his place; he could not move. After a few months, he saw her again.

"Haejinnie..." He got back to his senses and ran towards the girl. "Lee Haejin!"

"Why do you look so surprised?" Haejin laughed and hugged him back. "I missed you too, dummy." She smiled.

The two looked at the person who coughed behind Haejin. "So when are you going to acknowledge our existence?" Mark chuckled.

"Hyung, I'm hurt." Jisung frowned. "I even promised you that I'll buy Traveler." He sighed which made Jaemin snort.

"I know that you guys were there." Jaemin rolled his eyes.  "Where are Renjun and Chenle though?"

"Wow you really had to ask about them when we're literally standing in front of you?" Donghyuck raised a brow. "Let's go back to Seoul."

"Go back alone." Jeno could only roll his eyes.

Haejin could only roll her eyes. If they'll fight, they will; and nothing or nobody's stopping them—not even the country they're in.

"Chenle is in China, and Renjun—"

"—on a date, I know." He chuckled.

"So are we gonna go to Hendery's house or are you just gonna stare at each other?" Mark asked.

Jaemin could only frown at his friend. He sighed and took Haejin's luggages. "So these are your sisters, huh Hendery-hyung?"

****

"Why did you guys not tell me? I was so worried when you didn't contact me for two days." Jaemin frowned at his girlfriend who was currently putting her clothes in the closet.

"Did you actually expect me to tell you? It's supposed to be a surprise, after all." She snickered. "By the way, you have work today. Why are you still here?"

Jaemin frowned and grabbed his coat. "I'll be going now, then. Rest for today then we'll tour you guys tomorrow." He kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"Love you more," she lazily hugged back. "Take care."

"Call me if you need anything, and I won't hesitate to go home immediately." He chuckled and went out of the room.

Meanwhile, Haejin sat on the bed and continued fixing her clothes—Jaemin's clothes, too, since she saw the pile which, according to her boyfriend, was fresh out of the laundry.

"Where's Jaemin?" She looked at the door only to see Donghyuck peeking inside.

"Went to work with Hendery-oppa." She said. "You can enter the room, I'm sure you're aware of that."

The boy snorted and entered the room.

"Why were you looking for him, though?"

"Got nobody to talk to," Donghyuck sighed. "Mark-hyung, Jeno and Jisung are already asleep." He frowned. "Also, Renjun told me that he saw the girl at the train station earlier."

"He has a car, why is he at the train station?" She raised a brow.

"Here let me read..." Donghyuck sighed. "Hyuck, I saw the girl at the train station earlier. I was waiting Johnny-hyung because he bought doughnuts from one of the stalls earlier, but then I saw her but I'm not sure if she saw me, crying face," the way Donghyuck said "crying face" made Haejin laugh.

"That guy caught the love syndrome." She chuckled and lied down on the bed. "Get lost now, I'll sleep."

"Unbelievable."

—tbc.
short update! also, it's aespa's debut tomorrow! please give tjem lots of support!🤍 some announcements will be annoucned tomorrow, too.

keep safe, jaems! don't forget to pray!💞