fifteen

Chapter 15

Jaemin rushed to his room and opened the envelope. It's been a while since his brother sent him something. Most of the time, it makes him mad and insane but sometimes, he can't help but be curious.

He wants to know everything.

He wants to know who's behind this.

Jaemin-ah, I've heard that your boss gave you an opportunity to work at your London headquarters. I want you to know that I'm very proud of you—we all are.

You might be having a hard time right now, and I'm sorry that I can't do anything about it, but Jaemin-ah, know that it will be okay and you'll do great. It's alright if you make a mistake, because it's all a part of the process.

I'm sorry if I still have to write a letter, it's just that I don't know how to reach you aside from writing you this. It also doesn't matter how I knew about your work in London. But I do wish that you're okay.

Please take care of yourself, Jaemin-ah. And even if you won't believe it, I love you. We all do.

You will know who I am soon.

Sincerely,
Your brother.

Jaemin sighed.

It's the first time this day that he received something heartwarming. Earlier at their office were only full of screams of frustrations, and he could understand all of his colleagues, because they were all feeling the same.

He decided to go outside and have a coffee. It's almost modnight, but he's lucky enough to be in a place near a coffee shop which is 24 hours open.

He looked at the time and saw that it was 11:57 pm. It's probably morning in Seoul.

"Jaemin-ah?" Haejin looked like she just got out from shower. "Shouldn't you sleeping?" She placed her phone down on the table and sat on her chair.

He chuckled, "You're off to work?"

She shook her head, "Not yet, I'll be off by 7:30 though." She sighed and stood up, carrying her phone in the process. "How are you? You don't look okay." And that's when she realized that something was up. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Jaemin smiled. Haejin never pushes, as if saying 'I don't mean to intrude, but I'm asking if you'll let me.'

And it works everytime.

He sipped from his coffee and sighed, "I received a letter from my brother today, Haejin-ah..." he pressed his lips into a thin line.

Haejin doesn't respond. Because he knows that her boyfriend is sensitive when it comes to this topic. Jaemin doesn't tell her everything, but she hopes that one day, he will open up.

And she'll gladly wait for that day to come.

"And then what happened?" She asks carefully, afraid to push Jaemin's buttons. She isn't with him, and she doesn't know what's happening there. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay," he smiled. "Actually, it kind of relieved me that I have read his letter. Although I'm very curious as to how he found out that I'm here and not in Seoul."

She sighed in relief, "That's good, then. But today, what happened? You looked stressed."

"A huge company wanted to be partners with us, and my team is in charge of the game's concept. I don't know about the other parts yet because we haven't had a formal meeting, so..." Jaemin sighed and drank his coffee.