2 | artistically skilled

Chapter Two
𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍

Chapter Two𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍

Her hybrid was painting. Yes, she had claimed him, not that she would tell anyone. Athens felt it rude to intrude while he was doing something so personal, but it was now or never.

While standing in the doorway, she debated whether she should just walk in front of him or use her voice. "Niklaus?" She whispered.

Klaus immediately turned around with a shocked expression. It quickly turned to a glare and he practically growled at her, "Who are you?"

She gave an awkward wave. "I'm Athens Young, a ghost, I'm not trying to kill you," she smiled, trying her best to be convincing. Klaus blinked at her with a blank expression.

Awkward silence enveloped the room as Klaus only stared.

"So your not going to attempt to murder me? I thought that would be your first reaction." She tilted her head, scanning him for any signs of hostility. She found none.

"I've got no reason to," he shrugged and turned back around continuing to paint. That shocked the hell out of Athens. "Are you here to haunt me for my misdeeds?"

She laughed shortly at the irony in his question. "No, I was just looking for someone to talk to and I saw your house lights on."

He hummed without turning around. Athens was being slightly ignored, but at least she wasn't being rejected. She was content with just just watching him paint if that's all he was going to let her do.

He turned back to her witch a questioning look. "You said you wanted to talk, so talk." He gently urged. She smiled, moving to his bed.

"There's this guy who I'm madly in love with." Athens blurted, sighing. Klaus tried to hold in his laugh, but she caught on. "Why are you laughing?" She slightly pouted.

"You were very bold is all. You can continue." He tilted his head towards her.

Athens made a Rubik's cube appear in her hand and started to solve it while continuing her story. "It's horrible knowing that we'll never work."

"Why not?"

"Hello. Have you not been paying attention? I'm dead, meaning he can't see or touch me." She wined, leaning back on the bed. To Klaus she resembled a gossiping teenager, it was cute.

The hybrid set down his paint brush and leaned back to admire his work. "Then how can I see you?"

"I don't know. Because you're technically dead already?" She 'guessed' as if she didn't know the true reasoning.

"Well then, I'm glad I'm dead," He said. Athens couldn't see him face but she knew he was smirking.

"Meaning my presence isn't annoying you?" She inquired, tilting her head, genuinely baffled. She was used to being hushed, and brushed off when she was alive. That was ten years ago now.

"I take it you don't get this reaction very often." He turned to look at her and saw her sketching something in a sketchbook. "Is that mine?"

"This?" She held up the sketchbook and he nodded. "No, I just kinda... made it? There isn't really a word for it." She made the sketchbook disappear and reappear right before his eyes. Klaus was amazed, never had he seen a ghost before.

Athens watched as he cleaned up all of his paints and brushes. He was getting ready for bed. "So, where do you sleep, being dead?" He asked curiously, not mocking at all.

"I don't need to. But if I feel like it, empty hotel beds. Sleeping with some stranger would be weird." She shuddered at the thought.

He moved start taking his clothes off and she quickly turned around with a gasp. "That's my cue. I'll be back, don't miss me too much."

And with that the female Young twin disappeared, leaving Klaus to wonder what the hell was going on with his emotions.

wc: 642