8 | ironic

Chapter Eight
𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚌

"We can do this," Asher whispered, more to him self than anyone

"We can do this," Asher whispered, more to him self than anyone. Athens had told him of the deadline that had been bumped by two weeks and now he was a little frantic. "Oh what am I kidding, we should've knew this wouldn't work."

Athens scrunched up her face, not liking his pessimistic comment. "Why would you say that? You know as well as I that neither of them deserve the fate of literal hell."

Asher stopped pacing, and turned to face his sister. "Come on, sister. Just look at this. We have got a week to make the worlds most paranoid creatures fall in love with us." He gave a dry laugh. "It's ironic really, two demons trying to redeem people when we can even redeem our damn selves!"

"We aren't the issue, Asher. That doesn't matter, and you know. You need to get it together."

Asher paused his pacing and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," he sighed, running a hand through his wavy hair. "I'm feeling helpless— powerless, and I hate it."

"Hate what?"

Both Athens and Asher quickly turned their head to see Niklaus walking into his bedroom, seemingly not bothered by the fact they were in there. Klaus was definitely happy to see Athens was back from her two day hiatus.

"How I always boss him around. Like I'm doing now," she turned to her brother and gave him a look that said 'sorry, we'll talk later.' "Out, Asher."

He gave one crooked smile before cloaking himself from Klaus and leaving the room, preferably starting his work with Rebekah.

"Hey, Klaus. How have you been?" she asked sheepishly, knowing he would be a bit mad she had just up and left. He had every right, although it wasn't really her fault.

He just blankly stared at her, probably wishing her could touch her just so he could pin her to the wall by her throat. That's what Athens interpreted that look to be at least.

She has got very intrude thoughts.

"Where did you go?" Klaus asked, turning his back to her. It was curiosity that laced his voice and 

Shit. She had been so preoccupied with her fast approaching deadline that she didn't think of an excuse for her whereabouts.

"It was a friends birthday party," she said evenly. "I had just remembered." She knew it was a flimsy excuse, but it was last minute and she was never good a doing things under pressure.

Klaus looked at her over his shoulder, and he would have believed her if it wasn't for the fact that  she wasn't avoiding eye contact. She had told him a few weeks ago that eye contact made her uncomfortable.

He hummed and spoke in a playful tone, "You ghosts throw parties? Who would've thought." When he turned around to face her, his playful tone left. Replaced by a pissed one, "I wouldn't have though you to lie to me, yet here we are." Klaus tilted his head, analyzing the stoic expression she rarely wore. "What could a ghost have to hide."

Athens quickly ran all scenarios through her head, every single one ending badly. Lying to him now would make it harder for him to believe her later, and she doesn't have that kind of time.

So, as Athens eyes flickered from his to the ground, she prepared for the anger she was about to receive.

"I've been lying to you."

NOTES

Great. This is great.

If you didn't know already, this is definitely going to be on the shorter side. But we're finally getting to the drama!!!

Lemme know what you think is going to happen in the comments, I want to compare our creativity... respectfully.

wc: 575