7 | sister, sister

7 | sister, sister

Athens been gone for two days now and Rebekah was noticing Klaus' peculiar mood. He seemed more hot headed, worried about something, but she had no idea what.

"Whats the matter with my brother? I imagine he's your only source of entertainment."

Asher laughed, from chair on the opposite wall of the bed Rebekah sat on. "You imagine correctly, though I do not know the issue. I thought he was just moody." Athens shrugged, not meeting her eye. 

Rebekah noticed, narrowing her eyes at Asher. "He is shifty, sure. You sure you didn't hear anything? Maybe I could fix it." she gaged his reaction carefully, looking for any sign on him lying. Asher wasn't oblivious to her cautious stare, he could feel it.

He casually turned the page of his book, still not looking up. "Maybe Elijah or Freya said something. I'll keep a look out since it means so much."

If Rebekah knew he was lying she didn't say anything about it, something he was grateful for. He couldn't save her if she thought he was a liar.

He is a liar, if we're being fair, but she wouldn't find that out. He only had three more weeks here anyways.

"You're lying." Never mind her not saying anything. "I can always tell when you're lying, Asher."

He smirked at the irony of that. "Can you?" His smirk was making Rebekah second guess herself.

"I can. Now what aren't you telling me?"

Ashers smirk fell as he came up with something on the spot. "I think he had a ghost friend of his own, maybe they pissed him off."

Rebekah was still hesitant to believe Asher, it was in her paranoid nature. She figured she'd ask Klaus herself, but not right now. Asher would surely protest. "You could've told me that."

Asher shook his head rapidly. "And get on that mans bad side? No way." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"He doesn't even know you exist."

—————

Athens walked through the fiery halls of the underworld. The boss, who the twins reluctantly work for, had unexpectedly pulled her back down.

"Have either of you gotten them to say the three little words yet?" Hades boomed with a teasing smirk. His hair was long, slightly obstructing his vision and he held his bident tightly in his left hand.

The plan was dumb and naive in his opinion, especially for Klaus. That man could never fall in love.

"No. And you know it." Athens turned around, facing him. She wore a scowl as she spoke, "Why am I here Hades?"

He looked at her for a moment before speaking, studying and trying to understand her. "You and your brother are my best demons. You both are doing a fine job with the Mikaelsons, I'll admit. But I need you here." He paused gauging her reaction. She could easily mask what she was actually feeling, something he had taught her, but she wasn't allowed to do that in from of him.

Meaning he saw the pissed look on her face. She moved to speak, but he quickly put his weapon to her throat. "You have got a week, if they don't admit their love by Tuesday, I'll kill them myself. Taking their souls right back here. Where they belong."

"A week?" Athens yelled, quickly realizing her mistake, she brought her volume down. "I can't do anything in a week, and who's going to tell Asher."

Hades blinked as if it was obvious, "You." Athens ran a hand through her hair, frantically trying to come up with a way to make Klaus say 'I love you' in seven days. "May the odds be in your favor."

Hades continued to talk (he talked as much as a Disney villain), but Athens payed no mind.

wc: 629