6 | the brother

Chapter Six
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

Athens walked back into Klaus' room after convincing her brother to keep quiet

Athens walked back into Klaus' room after convincing her brother to keep quiet. She wore a sheepish smile on her face that Klaus rose an eyebrow to. "Hey."

"What's wrong, love?" Klaus asked, now standing by the window.

"Nothing, just had a bad feeling about something." She gave Asher a glare and he smiled innocently. Her brother stood a few feet from Klaus, taking in his features.

"He is as hot as they say," Asher whistled, making Athens furrow her brows. He shrugged. "I'm straight, not blind."

Klaus looked to where she was looking, taking a step towards her. "Is there someone else here?" Athens nodded to his question and he groaned, "Never did I think I'd have to deal with ghosts. What are they saying?"

Asher raised his eyebrows in amusement. He grinned at his sister, "Yeah, Athens. What am I saying?"

She tried her best to ignore her brother, turning to Klaus. "He said you're taller than expected."

Klaus glanced at the spot Asher was no longer standing in uneasily. He didn't like not being able to see people. Athens noticed this and shook her head, "Asher is nothing but annoying. You're fine."

"Asher? The twin brother?"

"You told him about me?"

"Yeah, my twin brother." Athens said, moving to sprawl out on Klaus' bed. She conjured an outfit change, just shorts and an oversized sweatshirt. Klaus visibly stiffened.

Asher burst into laughter at Klaus' reaction, making Athens look up. She laughed when she realized what the issue was. Klaus awkwardly maintained eye contact, as she pulled her sweatshirt up, revealing her black shorts. "Calm down, no nudity here."

"Quite comfortable, aren't you?" Asher commented, only to be ignored.

"Finished with your sketch?" Athens asked, changing the subject. She knew she would get him back for this later.

"Yeah, but it it's a surprise," he smirked, glancing in the direction of Asher.

"You mean when my brother isn't in the room?" Athens shrugged, rolling onto her back and pulling herself to the headboard. She paused as she felt a numb feeling. "Shit," she mumbled. Athens turned to Klaus with an unreadable expression, "I have to go."

Klaus moved to question what it was but she disappeared from his sight. He hated it when she did that.

He couldn't feel that she was in the room—something he immediately learned he could do—so he knew she had left completely and not just his presence.

Klaus laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, already missing her presence after only twenty seconds. His thoughts trailed to the brown haired beauty.

She didn't talk much of her life in the week that he had known her. He wanted to know everything about her. From her favorite pair of pants, to her favorite spot to be kissed. Something he thought he would never know.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by Asher awkwardly coughing, trying to gain his attention. His eyes widened as he saw Asher.

"As you probably know, I'm Asher." He gave a small wave, with a mischievous smirk. He sighed, "What are your intentions with my sister?"

wc: 526