12 | scar

Chapter Twelve
𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛

A stranger would never think Asher and Athens were twins, considering how much Athens and Willow were alike

A stranger would never think Asher and Athens were twins, considering how much Athens and Willow were alike. Mesmerizing green eyes, wavy brown hair, friendly personalities. The similarities were gone as soon as all the siblings died.

Hades pulled Willow down first, swooning her while her siblings sat in a literal waiting room. A Persephone, as Athens liked to call her.

While Asher was busy talking to Hades, Athens was getting her ass kicked.

——

"Klaus," Athens called weakly. She had just appeared on his balcony, bloodied an bruised. When she didn't get a reply she assumed he was elsewhere. She tried to ignore the searing sensation as Willow's venom coursed through her veins.

It was only a matter of time.

She had a scratch running from the bottom of her ear to her nose, one on the left side of her stomach and multiple other cuts on her arms and legs. She conjured up some gauze, wincing as she applied it.

That's when Klaus decided to make his entrance, "Athens!" He quickly ran over to her, reaching for her arm. A growl of annoyance when he passed right through her. "Love, what happened? Are you okay?"

She nodded as she limped over to his full body mirror. "I'm fine," she said, nonchalantly dismissing his concern as she wiped off the blood that was running down her face.

"You are not fine. What happened Athens?" He so desperately wanted to make her look at him.

She glanced at him through the mirror before sighing,"I got pulled down to see Willow. She isn't happy with the... progress we've made." She glanced over at him, seeing barely controlling his anger. "I'm fine, really. Don't worry."

She hated lying to him, she really did.

"When I see her, I'll remove her spine," he threatened, watching Athens inspect the gash on her cheek. He could tell even from the distance he was at that the scratch had already started to bruise, but he saw no signs of it healing.

The cuts were jagged, "what does she have, claws?" The look on Athens face told him his answer. He couldn't imagine scratching any of his siblings with claws, not even on his darkest day.

She pulled up her shirt and Klaus' eyes widened at the size of this scratch, sliding to sit on the floor beside her. "I'm sorry I can't do anything," he whispered.

"It's not your fault. More so Asher's," she said, thought it was muffled as she had her shirt between her teeth, holding it up.

"What did Asher do?"

She saw that he held genuine curiosity, not anger towards what Asher did. "He was tasked to redeem Rebekah."

Klaus paused at that, "What?" He didn't know why he was shocked, really. Yesterday's encounter with him should've made it blatantly obvious. Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

"Yeah, Asher and Rebekah are now best of friends. Though I'm not sure how much he told her."

Klaus didn't look happy about this new revelation, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to, Niklaus, I swear it. Asher thought it would be best if you weren't going all 'protective brother' on him."

Klaus nodded, a small smile on his face. "I believe you. I'm mad at your brother though."

She still had a job to do. You know, save the world and all. Maybe that fact that the world was saved would make dying a slow death worth it.

"Klaus, can you just sit with me?" she asked hesitantly. Klaus immediately nodded and moved to his bed, frowning at the slight limp Athens had.

He desperately wanted to do something— anything to help her. But he even touch her, the simplest form of comfort. "So... do you have claws?"

Athens smirked, "Are you sure you can handle it?" Klaus' gaze moved to her, he had only been joking. She nodded towards her hand that rested by her thigh.

He was even more surprised to see a blue hue surrounding her hand, the beginnings of a flame. He looked back to her and whispered, "You are amazing."

Athens couldn't miss the adoration and happiness in his eyes as she replied, "And you are astonishing."

wc: 702