9 | three and four

Chapter Nine
𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Rebekah Mikaelson was well know— in the family, at least— for being bitchy, and falling in love easily

Rebekah Mikaelson was well know— in the family, at least— for being bitchy, and falling in love easily. It was Niklaus who denied her love and Elijah Mikaelson, her eldest living brother always wanted to let her do as her heart desires. So when the inevitable heartbreak from one of her many lovers came, she would learn the lesson on her own.

Maybe she is a slow learner. Or maybe since her mind is stuck at the age of seventeen, she just never caught on. Asher didn't want to take advantage of this commonly know fact. But then again he just could not let Hades have the powerful soul of an original.

Asher already knew that this would be fairly easy. They have a bond, similar to one of soulmates, but not nearly as strong. Rebekah would easily succumb to this tug she felt towards Asher.

The twin then let his thoughts fade to his sister. He had absolutely no clue how she was going to win this battle.

Telling the truth about how's she's been lying all this time would surely make the man deny his feelings. He's always thought love was a weakness and knowing that he fell in love with a literal demon would only prove that point.

Asher only prayed that Athens would go about this the right way.

"Asher, you okay?"

He snapped his head up at the voice. Rebekah, the girl he's been in love with since he initiated the bond, was staring straight at him, slightly concerned.

He shook his head, "yeah, yeah I'm good. I was just—" Asher paused as he ran a nervous hand through his hair. All he had to do was say he loves her, and all this stress would be gone.

He just couldn't take advantage of her weaknesses like that.

"I love you, Rebekah Mikaelson."

Or maybe he could.

His confession had been done in a whisper, and he could feel her gaze burning into the side of his head. Rebekah didn't smile, or gasp, she completely froze.

"What?" She spoke, finally breaking the silence. Asher looked up and saw she was already looking at him. It was just too much.

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. You obviously don't feel the same and—" he backtracked—rambled.

"Ash."

"And even if you did, I'm literally dead. That's a huge issue."

"Asher!" He stopped his ramble and was met with Rebekahs teary eyes. "I love you too." It was definitely sobbed out, hopefully happy sobs, but she said it.

As soon as she did Asher began to take on a golden hue and the two tallies that were on his wrist— which Rebekah thought was just a tattoo— turned to three. Another soul saved.

Asher smiled at the golden hue, knowing exactly what it meant. He could finally touch her.

So that's exactly what he did. He went and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. He would definitely have to explain later, but right now he was content.

wc: 508