10- Unmasked

The next night you were eating dinner and he sat down next to you again without you even asking him to stay. You chatted and completely ignored what had happened the night before. You even made him laugh talking about your deep fiery hatred for any green vegetable.

Masked Man: “How can you just discriminate against an entire color of vegetable? What about broccoli? You smother it in some cheese and *muah*”

You made fake gagging noises and he doubled over in laughter. You didn’t know what got into you, but you were mesmerized by his sweet laughter and felt yourself leaning in.

He looked up and this time didn’t pull away as you inched closer. You reached up and caught him off guard by yanking his mask off. 

You don’t know what you’d been envisioning him to look like, but what you saw didn’t even come close. His perfectly chiseled jaw was dressed with a mop of curly blonde hair. You couldn’t help but reach your hand up to brush your thumb against his plump bottom lip and imagine what it tasted like. 

Vinnie: “You shouldn’t have done that…”

He pulled back for a moment and looked away feeling ashamed of saying that so harshly.

You: *gulping down your fear*
“Why? What are you going to do? Kil-?”

Your words were interrupted by his mouth crashing into your trembling lips. You knew you should probably take advantage of the moment of weakness and disarm him or grab the key sitting on the table just out of reach, but you were completely drawn into the kiss. His lips moved against yours like he’d been craving it and you couldn’t break whatever spell he had you under.

Your hands reached up to his hair and ran through the mess of blonde you’d been dying to touch. His mouth opened slightly as he moved closer and as your tongue moved against your bottom lip you felt his press against it sending Shockwave through to your core. You had no idea what came over you but you were absolutely mesmerized by every moment you'd spent with this stranger. 

His hands ran along your back and down to your sides until he reached your belt loops and pulled you closer. The kiss grew more intense until you let out a soft gasp as he gently let his teeth nip at your bottom lip. 

You: *out of breath*
“Don’t stop…”

Your words shocked through him and he suddenly pulled back leaving you feeling instantly empty. He jumped up and started pacing towards the stairs and turned back to grab the key.

You: “Wait, stop. Talk to me. What just happened?”

He didn’t reply before he rushed out of the room looking like he’d just committed a mortal sin. You flopped back on the bed and let out a deep breath. You couldn’t even begin to process what just happened. 

You kept envisioning his perfect face and what it felt like to touch when suddenly it morphed into Chase’s face in your mind

You kept envisioning his perfect face and what it felt like to touch when suddenly it morphed into Chase’s face in your mind. You imagined his sweet face contort into one of shock and then heartbreak and gasped.

You rolled over and pulled the blanket up tight as tears poured down your face and soaked the pillow. You had been feeling a lot of things since meeting this stranger in charge of holding you in this room, but right now all you felt was debilitating guilt. What were you thinking? You weren’t even almost over Chase. You still thought about him every single day.