42- Reconciliation

When Bryce pulled up to the estate, you were still carrying a look of shock. You always knew that you could trust Bryce with your life but this was more than that. You wished your own father could love you that selflessly. The moment you all climbed out of the car, Vinnie pulled his brother into a tight hug. 

Vinnie: "I'm so sorry I got you into any of this

Vinnie: "I'm so sorry I got you into any of this."

You: "This is no one's fault but my father and all the trouble his power trip keeps getting everyone around him dragged into."

Bryce: "You two go wait in your dad's office. I have to talk to your dad and before you get any ideas to run, I'm putting men right outside EVERY door."

Once you were alone Vinnie looked around for cameras. 

You: "Don't worry, this is my dad's private office

You: "Don't worry, this is my dad's private office. It's the only place without cameras besides our bedrooms but even those rooms have them pointed in the door if it's open.

Vinnie: "Can we talk about the fact that Chase is alive."

You: "It changes nothing."

Vinnie: "How can it not? Your first love you only moved on from because he died is still very much alive."

You: "He's a stranger now. I love you and I will fight anyone to keep close to you… even my own dad."

Vinnie: "I'm gonna marry you someday… you know that?"

Hearing that made butterflies flutter around your belly as you kissed him with a smile. You pulled back and took a deep breath as you prepared yourself to tell him what you had to do with Jaden to find him.. You prayed it didn't change how Vinnie loved you...

You: "There's something I need you to try to understand. When you were missing,, I was going crazy. I had to do whatever it took to get Jaden to lead me to you. I-"

Vinnie: *stopping you by pulling you into a big hug*
"I don't need to hear it, I promise."

You: "What if it changes how you feel about me?"

Vinnie: "As soon as you turn 18 no one and nothing will be able to stop me from marrying you."

*BRYCE'S POV*

Marc: "How tf did she get a gun?"

Bryce: "I have no clue. I caught her sneaking out and decided to follow her."

Marc: "I pay you to stop her from leaving this house not be her partner in crime!"

Bryce: "No, actually you were very clear that my job was to protect her and I made a judgment call that it was more effective to see where she was trying so hard to escape to."

Marc: "She could have been hurt just so you could save your brother!"

Bryce: "Actually, it was her that shot Jaden and rescued Vinnie." 

Heidi: *walking in room to see what yelling is about*
"What?! Oh God!! We never wanted her to be a part of this life!"

Marc: "Well she made herself a part of this." 

Heidi: "Marc, you promised!"

Marc: "She made her choice."

Bryce: "She didn't do this alone. You forced her by manipulating her boyfriend to execute someone for you."

Heidi stood in shock as Marc contemplated how to keep Vinnie and his daughter apart. 

Heidi: "I hope they run off and get married the moment she turns 18 because then you'll have lost all of us just like you deserve!"

*END BRYCE’S POV*

You and Vinnie were waiting in your Dad’s office. Vinnie was wringing his hands trying to get out his words..

Vinnie: "The truth of why I was out there in the first place is that your dad hired me to do a job…"

You stared in shock as he continued: 
"It wasn't a coincidence that I was at that garage when I was captured. Your dad put a hit out on Chase and Jaden and I was to see it through." 

You: "I'm glad you told me the truth."

Vinnie: "You're not mad? I half expected you to leave me. You made it clear how you felt about your dad's business."

You: "It'd be hypocritical considering I just shot 2 men tonight."