22- Settling In

On the car ride to Bryce's apartment, you started to feel increasingly anxious. Part of it was because this had been the first time since you met that you'd spent any amount of time away from Vinnie. Another part was because you'd never actually been to Bryce's condo. You always kinda forgot that he existed outside of the hours a day he was charged with keeping you safe.

 You always kinda forgot that he existed outside of the hours a day he was charged with keeping you safe

Bryce: "Hey... you know I'm proud of you, right?"

You: "Me? I figured you'd be mad that I took off with your brother."

Bryce: "All I ever want is what's best for you. I mean thanks for not disappearing on my watch. Poor Blake thought he was done for."

You started to feel incredibly guilty for not telling him the truth about your disappearance, dad's involvement, and how you really met Vinnie but you knew if anyone else found out then blackmailing your dad to give Vinnie a real chance would never work.

You: "Hey, Bryce... You know I forgive you, right?"

Bryce: *tearing up because he'd really needed to hear that*
"I knew you would eventually. I love you kiddo."

Bryce's condo wasn't at all what you expected. It was a high-end condo in a nice neighborhood with beautiful features.

You: "Wow Bryce, my dad must be paying you a lot more than I gave him credit for

You: "Wow Bryce, my dad must be paying you a lot more than I gave him credit for."

Bryce: *winking at you*
"Yeah, the kid I have to keep an eye on is a real pain."

Vinnie sat up on the sofa, clearly bored out of his mind being left alone. You noticed a folded up blanket and pillow left on the other side and it occurred to you it must be a one-bedroom condo. You sat next to him and pressed a quick kiss against his lips:
"Did you have a good day getting everything you needed?"

Vinnie: *wrapping you in his arms*
"Yep, a sofa bed and some clothes, and I'm set."

Bryce: "Okay, okay. Enough of the kissy face stuff. I'm gonna grab us food but no leaving until I'm back... got it?"

Bryce had only been gone a few minutes when the cuddling escalated. You climbed into his lap, straddling a leg on either side. He held you close as he kissed you and you whispered against his lips:
"I was worried we'd never get alone time after we got home."

Vinnie: "Well we probably shouldn't get too serious here because he could come back anytime. It sucks that I don't have a room to myself."

You: "I know, you'd think with this nice of a place he would at least have 2 bedrooms. I guess it makes sense though... he'd never really considered needing it."

Vinnie got quiet as he obviously began to remember that up until a few days ago, Bryce had given up having anything to do with being his brother.

You could tell he needed the distraction and returned your lips to his pulling his shirt over his head. You moved against his body feeling him harden beneath your panties. You never pulled your lips away while reaching between you to unbutton his jeans. You felt him throbbing against your skin as you lowered back down onto him. It didn't take long before he was digging his fingertips into your hips and coming undone.

*VINNIE'S POV*

Bryce got home an hour later and made them both pasta while they watched a movie. It still felt a little weird to see him so... domesticated. As he cleared the dishes, Bryce finally broke the silence.

Bryce: "Do you want to watch a movie before I drive you home?"

Vinnie rolled his eyes because the thought of watching a movie with his girlfriend and a chaperone sounded awful.

You: "I have really been wanting to introduce Vinnie to Avani and thought I'd see if they were going to the skate park."

Vinnie's face perked up because he actually loved skateboarding when he was a teen and hadn't been able to do it in over a year.

Bryce: "That's not a good idea going back to the place- It's just that's where we last spotted Jaden."

*END VINNIE'S POV*

Even though Bryce didn't finish his sentence, the flashbacks still hit you like a ton of bricks. Seeing images of Chase gasping for air on the ground and being dragged away while he fought for his life paralyzed you in place.

Vinnie knew you'd lost him to mob violence but didn't know the exact details so he didn't understand the skate park is where it all went down. He stood there confused not sure what was wrong and therefore completely clueless about how to help you. Bryce knelt down on the ground in front of your chair and held your hand:
"Hey, I'm so sorry. It's okay just look at me, okay? Everything is okay."

You felt numb again but that didn't stop the tears from pouring down your face

You felt numb again but that didn't stop the tears from pouring down your face. He took Vinnie's hand and placed it on your back and encouraged him to hold you while you sobbed. Bryce left to give you a few minutes alone with him.