31- Plot Twist to End All Plot Twists

At the end of the street was a small office on the side of an auto body repair shop and you recognized the street address as your destination. You pulled your phone out and debated texting Bryce but thought twice about it and shoved the phone back in your pocket. You didn't want to risk turning it on and pinging your current location as your last known spot if someone was to try to track you.

You also had second thoughts about trusting anyone to help you with this

You also had second thoughts about trusting anyone to help you with this. You knew you could trust Bryce with your life, but this was something you knew you had to do yourself. Besides, the last time you trusted someone else... Chase died.

You peeked in the office windows and it was pitch black inside. You jiggled the handle to the door and it was locked. You looked around but didn't see anyone. You put your hand in your hoodie pocket to feel the comfort of the cold metal as you screamed out:
"VINNIE??? Are you here? Jaaaaaaden? I know you're here."

Suddenly the garage door to the autobody shop opened and Jaden stood on the other side, shaking his head:
"Yo, dude. Chill."

You: "I want Vinnie, now

You: "I want Vinnie, now."

Jaden: "Do you want half the neighborhood waking up to your screaming and someone calling the cops before we talk?"

You: "I have nothing to say to you! I want to talk to Vinnie, NOW!"

Jaden: "Hey, you have it all wrong. I'm not holding your boyfriend."

You: "Bull! I know you have him and I'm not leaving here without him."

Jaden: "You're way off, sweetheart. You wouldn't believe me if I told you who really took him."

You: "Are you trying to imply my dad had something to do with this?"

Jaden: *smirking*
"Wouldn't be the first time he lied about a kidnapping, would it?"

You: "How do you even know about that?"

Jaden: "I mean, your own dad holding you hostage? Cold."

You: "Stop changing the subject. I know you have him, why else would you have his phone?"

Jaden: "Look, maybe I'm trying to protect you here-"

You pulled it out from your hoodie pocket and pointed it directly at Jaden.

Jaden: "Fine, I know where he is."

You: "Now."

Jaden put his hands up almost as if he was mocking you as he texted someone on his phone:
"Be sure you're ready for this..."

As he started to laugh, you cocked it back as the click echoed into the night air.

You: Trust me, I'm more capable and ready than any of you ever gave me credit for."

Jaden: "I mean it, I'm not the one holding him... My brother is."

You: "That's crap, you don't have a brother."

Jaden: "That's what I thought."

You: "I don't know what you're pulling but I read your file. You're an only child."

Jaden: "That's what I thought too."

You took a step closer, still aimed in on him as he looked down at the ground obviously struggling with this revelation more than anyone.

Jaden: "He's my half-brother. I grew up knowing he existed but knowing nothing about him."

You: "Start making sense now, Jaden."

Jaden: "While my mother was pregnant with me my dad had an affair with a woman who worked for him."

You: "How was this a secret, didn't your mom know?"

Jaden: "The other woman found out she was pregnant and he didn't want my mom to divorce him so he paid her a lot of money to disappear."

You: *sarcastically*
"And that's your idol? What a gentleman."

Jaden: "It was just as much her choice. She didn't want him near the business so she raised him with a different last name.

You: "What changed?"

Jaden: "He found out who his father was, I guess and wanted a piece of the business."

You: "How is he already calling the shots if he just met your dad? You've worked for him your whole life?"

You were shocked because this was a side of the business that you never dealt with. Even though he was running a criminal empire, your dad was a normal dad. You almost let a chuckle out as you thought to yourself: except for the whole kidnapping his daughter part.

Jaden: "You know how it is in this business... whoever can offer the most gets to be the golden child."

Voice from the shadows: "Jealous, big brother?"

You turned to point at the shadows in the direction of the voice but couldn't see anyone. Jaden took a step towards you and you spun back around to point it at him again.

You: "Whoever you are, show yourself!!"

Jaden's laugh sent shivers down your spine as he took another step towards you.

You: "Don't move! I mean it! I am done playing games and listening to storytime! I want Vinnie, NOW!"

You saw movement in the darkness and felt your heart drop into the depths of your stomach as he stepped out into the streetlight and you came face to face with...

CHASE!