20- Found

*BRYCE'S POV*

He watched her walk into the little cafe and debated waiting for her to leave again before confronting her

He watched her walk into the little cafe and debated waiting for her to leave again before confronting her. He didn't want to make a scene but couldn't risk whoever had been holding her, showing up first. He walked into the restaurant and found her sitting in a quiet booth with her back facing the door. As he stepped next to her, she said with a smile:
"Hey baby, wanna split the waffle? It's hu-"

Her words trailed off as she looked up and came face to face with Bryce not Vinnie.

Bryce: "Who were you expecting? I- I thought you were being held against your will?"

She scrambled to come up with a story and blurted out:
"I ran away, Bryce."

*END BRYCE'S POV*

You debated telling him the truth but you weren't sure how he would react to knowing his boss and your dad had betrayed you.

You: "I met someone and I didn't want the same thing happening that happened to Chase."

Bryce: "You do realize your dad thinks the Hossler's kidnapped you?"

You: *mumbling*
"Yeah I bet he did."

Bryce: "How did you even meet? I'm always with you. You know you can't just trust strangers in this town."

You: "He promised he wasn't going to hurt me and I believe him."

Vinnie walked in and his face dropped in shock as he came face to face with his big brother.

Bryce: "Vinnie? What are you-"

Vinnie slid into the booth next to you and you grasped his hand under the table in hopes that it would send the message to let you talk because Bryce didn't know the truth yet.

Bryce: "What are you even doing here? How did you meet?"

Vinnie: "Your boss-"

You: *interrupting*
"Your boss is my dad and he isn't the saint you think he is, Bryce."

Bryce: "I still don't understand how any of this happened."

Vinnie: "He knew there was a plan to kidnap her because-"

You: *squeezing Vinnie's hand and interrupting*
"... Because he had been watching the Hossler family but it didn't work because I'm here and I'm safe."

Bryce: "We have to go."

You: "I'm not leaving him."

Bryce: "Vinnie can come home with me and we can figure everything else out but I have to take you home right now."

You: "NO!"

You looked around to make sure you hadn't drawn attention to yourself and lowered your voice before continuing:
"No, let me talk to him first, please."

Bryce shook his head and handed you his phone but you pushed it away:
"I don't want him to know you found me just yet. Do you have a quarter for the phone booth in the corner?"

You took the coin from his hand and took a deep breath as the phone rang.

Dad: "Who is this?"

You: "Dad?"

Dad: "Where are you? You need to come home now!"

You: "Not until you hear what I have to say. I met someone and I know you don't want to hear this but I love hi-"

Dad: *interrupting*
"That delinquent that was holding you? Over my dead body. You do not love him!"

You: *trying not to raise your voice but yelling in a loud whisper*
"I know the truth. I know you're the one who was holding me!"

Dad: "You have no clue what you're talking about. Why because the criminal you're running with said so? He's A CRIMINAL!?"

You: "Only because you hired him."

Your dad was completely silent as you continued:
"I will come home but under one condition."

Dad: "What makes you think I will cave to the demands of a child."

You: "Because if you don't then I will just run farther and you'll never hear from me again."

Dad: "Bryce is going to be bringing you home, now!"

You: "Not if he can't find me and now that you've told me he's looking I will just hide better."

Dad: "I will destroy that boy when I find him."

You: "Not if you ever want to see me again. I will come home but you have to promise that Vinnie is out of the business and you'll allow me to be with him."

Dad: "Just come home so we can talk."

You: "Give me your word!"

*VINNIE'S POV*

Vinnie was tapping his foot watching the love of his life growl into the phone across the restaurant.

Bryce: "That's not a real answer, why didn't you tell me you were in town."

Vinnie: "I didn't want to see you."

Bryce: "That's a lie. I'm the only one you knew in this town."

Vinnie: "Maybe I came because I had some things to say to you, but I'm staying for her."

Bryce: "This will never work. You know that, right? My boss will never let you near his daughter."

Vinnie knew that was probably true but for reasons Bryce couldn't even imagine. It was obvious he still had no clue that his little brother had secretly been working for the organization for over a year.

*END VINNIE'S POV*

Bryce had locked you and Vinnie in the backseat of the car while he went and gathered your bags to check out.

Vinnie: "Why didn't you tell him the truth about me?"

You: "I'm not going to trust anyone until I find out why my dad did this."

Vinnie: "Do you really think he's going to let us be together if you go home? Bryce might be clueless, but your dad knows I betrayed him."

You: "The only one who betrayed anyone was him and if he doesn't want to lose everything he will do what it takes to keep this a secret."

Vinnie: "Even letting me live?"

You: *kissing him gently*
"Even that."