34- Girl Talk

You felt yourself being pulled out of your dreamland by the voice as it got louder and louder. Suddenly you recognized it as your sister and sat straight up, ridden with anxiety and anguish. 

You broke down in your room not able to speak a word for hours. She didn't need words though to know you just needed her presence. After you'd finally run out of tears, Dixie softly asked:
"Did something happen with Vinnie? Did you break up?"

You: "No no, nothing like that."

Dixie: "I'm sorry. It's just I know you weren't really talking the last few days."

You started to tell her about Jaden and the mysterious texts and even running to the abandoned garage and demanding they let Jaden go

Dixie: "I'm so glad you're safe. That was so dangerous‐ Wait, you said they… Did you see Jaden's dad?"

You: "No… his brother… Chase is his brother."

Dixie: "What are you talking about? Chase was an only child and honey you know he's gone."

You: "Somehow his father faked his death and he is alive and here and Jaden's brother."

Dixie: "None of this makes any sense. Chase would never go against our family. He'd never go against you."

You: "Things change, I guess."

Dixie: "I-"

Avani: *storming inside and letting in the sun of the fresh new day while yelling*
"I can't believe you lied to me to use me for an easy way to sneak out!!"

Avani: *storming inside and letting in the sun of the fresh new day while yelling*"I can't believe you lied to me to use me for an easy way to sneak out!!"

Dixie was behind you shaking her head no at Avani, but your best friend felt too betrayed to care.

Avani: "It's bad enough you lied to me but to steal from my family!!" 

You: "I had to. They have Vinnie!!"

Avani: "So you go on some vigilante vendetta against Jaden? You know who his father is! How dumb can you be?"

Dixie: "Avani. Cut her a break. She had a kinda big shock last night."

Avani: "What? Do you mean she once again put herself in a dangerous situation alone? Not shocking."

Dixie: "That’s not fair, you and I both know most of the trouble she's gotten in has been with you."

Avani: "Yeah and ever since she started sneaking around ALONE she's been caught repeatedly, kidnapped, and now this!"  

You were in a state of numbness as you mumbled something that only seemed to irritate Avani more.

Avani: "Speak up! Or don't you have anything to say for yourself!"

You: "Chase is alive and a Hossler and holding Vinnie hostage."

Avani slowly sat down on the bed looking as if she'd seen a ghost.

Avani: "Woah."

You: "I'm so sorry. I never meant to betray you."

Dixie: "I don't mean to push, but Chase is alive…"

You were confused where she was headed with her questioning, but Avani seemed to understand and finished:
"Does that change things with Vinnie?"

You: "I don't understand?"

Avani: "Honey, Chase was your first love. You never got over losing him because there was no fight or breakup…"

Dixie: "You never stopped loving him, he died, except that he didn’t…"

You: "The Chase I loved died in the street that day. I don’t even know that boy I saw last night."

Avani moved to hug you as you choked out that explanation and fought back the tears from starring again.

Dixie: "No one would blame you for being confused about Vinnie after that."

You: "I'm not confused! I love Vinnie."

Avani: "No one's saying you don't, but you need to stop and process this before you get yourself killed for either of them."

You: "I have to find him. He knows about Chase and I don't want him to think that I've given up on us just because Chase is alive."

They both looked at you with pity because they knew you were in an impossible situation and not going to be okay for a long time.