o n e

Chapter: One
'Weasleys Can Be Confusing Sometimes'

Lost time is never found again.

And that was the exact reason why Hailey Potter wasn't interested to wake up at 5 in the morning, hampering her peaceful sleep to watch a round of Quidditch, which to her was a waste of time. Don't get her wrong. Quidditch was interesting for many people. And that's fine. But she wasn't a big fan, even though her brother and father were some of the best Quidditch players of Hogwarts.

"How much more do we have to walk Mr Weasley? My legs are giving up." Hailey said trying her best to keep up with the group which consisted of Ron, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George and Mr Weasley. She wasn't the most energetic in the morning person, if it wasn't obvious.

"Not much longer." The elder wizard informed cheerfully as she turned towards the Weasley twins who sighed dramatically.

"I wish we had broomsticks," Fred said as she nodded along.

"Don't be so dramatic Hails," Harry said as the girl rolled her eyes. At least Fred and George understood her pain. They walked for at least another ten minutes through the woody path until they came to a halt.

"Amos!" Mr Weasley exclaimed as he shook hands with a man who looked his age. He had round glasses on and had a big bag on his shoulder like the rest of them. "Everyone this is Amos Diggory. Works with me at the ministry."

Hold on a sec- Amos Diggory?

Hailey's eyes widened as he stared at the man. The elders made a few conversations which she didn't hear as she was so busy with her thoughts. Amos Diggory? As in the father of Cedric Diggory? As if on the cue, Cedric Diggory himself jumped down from a tree looking as handsome as ever.

Mr Weasley shook hands with Cedric and patted him on the back. The boy turned toward the group and gave all of them a smile. The small gesture made Hailey blush which she tried to cover up. She swore she saw Hermione and Ginny share a look.

"All of these yours?" Amos asked as he eyed all of the kids.

"Only the redheaded ones." Mr Wealsey informed. "But not that one." He said pointing at Hailey. "That is Hailey. Friend of Ron. That's Harry and that is Hermione."

"Merlin's beard! The Potters! It's a pleasure meeting you two. Of course, I've heard about you a lot. Ced told me about playing against you last year." Amos Diggory said proudly. "I told him, "Ced, that is something you'll be telling your grandchildren. You've beaten Harry Potter."

Hailey slightly raised a brow as she turned towards her brother who looked equally as uncomfortable as her. That was uncalled for. Harry didn't know how to reply to that so he just stayed quiet.

"Harry fell off his broom dad..." Cedric muttered who was clearly embarrassed by his father's behaviour. "That was an accident."

"But you didn't fall off, did you?" He asked with a laugh as Hailey rolled her eyes as she started walking.

"I'm so sorry about my dad," Cedric said with an apologetic smile as he walked up beside her. "He's like this usually. Don't take it personally... I'm Cedric by the way."

"I know..." She said way too quickly. Realising how creepy she sounded her face flushed. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. That sounded... Rude and way too creepy. I meant, like I know you. I mean maybe everyone in Hogwarts does so yeah... And I'm Hailey."

Cedric laughed out loud shaking his head with a smile. "And I guess it is safe to say I know you too... So does the entire wizarding world." Man... He was one good looking bloke.