t w o

Chapter: Two
Stubborn

Hailey was on the sofa with a book in her hand that Hermione had bought her for her fourteenth birthday, it was also one of her favourite books. One of her legs was dangling which Hermione used to lean against while reading her book. These were the moments they both cherished the most. Meaningful silence.

"Please don't tell me David dies." Hermione gasped looking up at the girl.

"No spoilers. You'll have to read and find out."

Just beside those two were the boys and Ginny obsessing over the Quidditch match they had just watched. "There's no one like Krum!" Ron exclaimed as Hailey looked up from her book. "It's like a bird the way he rides the wind. He's more than an athlete. He's an artist."

"I think you're in love Ron." Ginny teased as her twin brothers circled him pretending to be a bird flying. "Viktor I love you. Viktor I do."

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you." Harry joined in making Hailey chuckle lightly before going back to her book. It was an intense moment. The protagonist had just confessed her feelings to the boy she liked. She trying to skip through the pages to quickly get to the good parts when-

"We have to get out. Now!" Mr Weasley exclaimed running inside the tent. His face looked pale as sweat dripped from his forehead. Damn. Couldn't he have waited five more minutes? They wasted no time and hurried out of the tent only to be greeted by people running everywhere. "Fred, George, Ginny is your responsibility!"

"What's happening?" Hailey asked who still had the book clutched to her hand.

"Death eaters," Ron said, more to himself but she heard him right. He immediately took Hailey's free hand. "Don't let go." The area was crowded with terrified witches and wizards. Men, women and children all were running for their lives when the people with black masks came in with someone levitating in the sky.

Hailey knew better than to look at him.

Ron held her hand tightly as he followed Fred and George. She had to thank him later because if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have made it to the woods without getting squished by the people.

"Wait a second." Hailey stopped abruptly making Ron trip. "Where's Harry?"

Was this even a question? Of course, the boy had gotten lost. Even though Harry was the older brother. He was the one who got lost, who had no sense of time and the clumsy one.

The woods were less crowded but the dark made it look a lot scarier than it already was. Not to forget the bats that were flying everywhere. Ron gulped before looking at Hermione. "Let's go back."

"Hey! What about me?" Hailey asked.

"I can't take you."

"What? Why?"

"Because if I take you there and anything happens to you, Harry will kill everyone. Especially me." He said as the girl raised her brow resisting her urge to punch him. Ron had a bad habit. That was he always thought Hailey, Hermione and Ginny were weaker than him. Who does he think he is?

"I'm coming. Whether you like it or not because that is, my brother." She said with a tight smile making the boy groan in annoyance.